Anchor text does it help in SEO ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Iearn-Money, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Hello,

Well I think you've heard somewhere if you're interested in SEO (Basically we are because we are in webmasters forum) the "Anchor text"

** For the people who doesn't know what is it, anchor text usually gives the user relevant descriptive or contextual information about the content of the link's destination. The anchor text may or may not be related to the actual text of the URL of the link. For example, a hyperlink to the main Qdoos page might take this form:

HTML:
        <a href="http://www.qdoos.com">Qdoos Forum</a>
    The anchor text in this example is Qdoos Forum, the complex URL http://www.qdoos.com displays on the web page as Qdoos, contributing to a clean, easy to read text or document.

Well this is not the thread is on about, the matter of the thread is to discuss about the influence of the Anchor text on the value of a link, and if it does help in SEO ?

In my opinion keyword rich anchor text still remains a very important factor for the value of the link, and would bring positive results in SEO, however it helps the users aka readers to get to know what the link is about, but I believe that so are the words near the link..

So how about you guys ?
  2. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    well,it looks better than having jsut a plain url, as for seo, i think it gives the search engine a clear keyword for that link if you get me, rather than it searching the psot for keywords
  3. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Yes true, but as I said in the thread, I belive that so are the words near the link or in the article or the page wherever, I think it would have the same results, however is there any other influences ?
  4. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    nah, i think its jsut better for keywords and looks better, they are the only influences
  5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Anchor text.......well it is SEO, when google crawls your links with anchor text thats how it inserts you into SERP placement.

For Example

Qdoos anchor text

Webmaster Marketplace

Ranks number 1 in google.

thats because i used the anchor text Wemaster marketplace to promote the site. there really isnt any point in just showing your URL, if you want to rank for anything in the search engines Anchor text is the only way
  6. dvduval New Member

dvduval
    Wow, that's pretty impressive that you got #1 on Webmaster Marketplace. Congratulations.
  7. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    arh thats nothing ;) you wait until we number 1 for webmaster forum, currently in top 10
  8. IFOR2005 Not Active

IFOR2005
    being in the first page in google for webmaster forum keyword is a lot... you have really optimize the keyword..impressive...
  9. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Ok guys please don't go off topic as I see you did a little bit, anyways I just want to ask, does the anchor text have influence on backlines ?
  10. TryUsOut Qdoos Contributor

TryUsOut
    I'd say the anchor texts helps a lot with the ranking process in the SERPs (especially with Google). I made an experiment for the past couple of months with this and saw how our directory SERP positions changed after changing/varying on my backlinks anchor texts.