at what age do you worry about getting older

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by hitman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    just wonderr , what age you think you feel the worlds not what it used to be...

35,40?

im a long way off yet, not to boast :D, i just know one day i will start ageing a lot, is it not as fun as when your younger, or do you not notice?
  2. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I don't know..I would start worrying at around 50-60 years old. For the moment, I still have a long way to go to get there :D
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    i dont think ill every worry about it, but suppose 60ish you'd think that the world has changed etc etc
  4. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Well right now i'm starting to feel a bit old (and i'm just 32 years old) due i see how new generation (15-18) talks, wears, and so on...

5. Smart Job Board Not Active

Smart Job Board
    around 45-55 :)))))))))))))
  6. Takumi_86 Not Active

Takumi_86
    I'm starting to worry of getting older when i was 25 years old so its one more year from now. Because thats the current age when people should get a job and start thinking about his own future
  7. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    I say dont worry. Will only make you age more. Enjoy the sags and wrinkles they just mean you have lived. So live it to the fullest and worry about more important things like why does 7/11 have locks on its front doors if its open 24/7
  8. elegion Not Active

elegion
    Hello,

After you've become an adult the world doesn't really care how old you are, unless you're in the entertainment industry and you have to appear young looking to a particular audience. But for regular people, those you interact with act pretty much the same with different words to the same meaning, different clothing on the same faces you saw 40 years ago; on people you watched grow old and die. The wrapper changes, but the people stay the same.

But this is not what this conversation is about, I think Hitman is talking about being replaced, which would lead to an older person feeling expendable, out of place, and unneeded. For example, the ultimate in this scenario would be if you aged to 75 or 80 and you've lived long enough as a grand father or grand mother to see the genetic trail come back to you. Which means that within the last few years of your life you have a greater chance of meeting an exact copy of your self, a great grand child who is not only younger but is watching you swallow your own pride , accepting the rotation of life. In order for you to live, I have to die. That's hard to swallow, but it's something you'll have to do eventually. Unless, of course, you're thinking of Cryogenetics, or downloading your mind into a disk until a more suitable body is available for you in the future.

Even if all these advancements are available in the future to help you live longer , healthier, and stronger , the most important question is ; how much of this life and all this living can you take? When will you say, "I've had enough"?

Life is filled with all sorts of moments, with small moments comprised of love and the little important things you don't hold on to because you think you can get back to it, thinking it'll be just as good as when you first left it, which is not true, and is the very reason why most people say "life is short".

Mr. Bill is right, of course the doors at 7/11 are always locked to keep the crazies from coming in. They always come in at 12 midnight.
  9. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    that wa a nice post

i kind of feel sorry for bruce forseith in the entertainment business, i think hes 70 now but he does amazing at his age, i wish i was like him at 70!And then papers take the mic, telling him to retire...
  10. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Why would you worry about getting older? Surley the worry would be not living to get older!