Backlinks for your inner pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mit, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    I have seen many SEOs, webmasters and website owners promoting only their home page to get more and more traffic; but if we see the fact, a site consists of many pages...and from my mind, every page is important and useful...so, try to get populate your inner pages too to get more traffic and search engine rankings.
    mit,
  2. Similar Threads: Backlinks inner
    Forum Title Date
    Search Engine Optimization Is Directory submission is helpful to increase more backlinks? Aug 17, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which is the best way to improve quality backlinks for the site? Aug 9, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which are the most effective ways to get more backlinks? Jul 10, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which are the best SEO tools to check the backlinks? May 26, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization How to improve more backlinks for the site? May 25, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Find Websites to make Backlinks? May 19, 2015
    Search Engine Optimization 5 Ways of Building One Way Backlinks! Sep 29, 2008
    Search Engine Optimization backlinks question Aug 14, 2008
    Search Engine Optimization SEO for Beginners Sep 11, 2008

3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I see this alot.....well actually when i first started learning SEO many moons ago i did it too, I built masses of links going to the domain and neglected the inner pages, although i didnt do to bad for long tail keywords a well SEO'd site will have good inner page links too, not just the homepage
  4. Alan Qdoos Contributor

Alan
    Promoting inner pages is important. As most inner pages also link back to the home page PR will get picked up by the home page from the inner pages, so to maximise the PR effect promote the inner pages rather than the home page.
    Alan,
  5. Tom@S Not Active

Tom@S
    it is call deep linking ;)
  6. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    Many backlinks that you have, the more chances to have traffic. I saw some webpages having many backlinks and I don't think it's okay. Do you consider it as "link farming"?
  7. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    A web page can have as many as backlinks, and if they are relevant and related to the website and web page topic. There would be any problem from search engines..It will not be include in link farming.
    mit,
  8. Hafsoh Qdoos Contributor

Hafsoh
    one of the best way to increase the traffic for the website is by improving and promoting the internal pages.This can be done by using social bookmarking technique, deep link directories, and also deep link article marketing, in which we can directly submit the internal pages.
  9. Beneploy New Member

Beneploy
    To boost search engine ranking and page rank inner pages link popularity should be increased.
  10. geester Qdoos Contributor

geester
    I have a rule of thumb promoting my home page twice as much as any other page. That way all my pages have backlinks, but my homw page has twice as many.