Being a webmaster - is your full time role?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by gkd_uk, May 10, 2008.

1. gkd_uk Qdoos Contributor

gkd_uk
    Hi

Are you a full time webmaster?
  2. admin Administrator Staff Member

admin
    Im working on it lol , no seriously i am to be full time in the next year and a half, at present i am self employed and work part time hours to fit in my online business too
  3. web_seo_consultant Not Active

web_seo_consultant
    I am working as a webmaster, web developer SEO and Link Builder in a company and if given a chance, I can also work as a freelance, just PM me about details if you need my services...
  4. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Nope! Mine is more a hobby. My "real" job earns me well and at my age I dont reckon I will ever make a full time living from the internet, though a few times i have been close, then my "real" job gets busy and I have to devote time there which kills the efforts made on the web!.....No win!
  5. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    I am not even a good webmaster yet. I have to learn many things and I hope I will establish myself within an year. :)
  6. admin Administrator Staff Member

admin
    It takes alot mate, i wouldnt class my self as a "good" webmaster but it depends on what you class as good, im still learning everyday to be honest i dont think you ever stop learning when your online, i think i have a good knowledge of the market but we are all prone to messing up everynow and then and going off a good track, as i have done many times.

Make sure you read lots everything you could possibly want to know about webmasters is wrtten in forums and blogs all over the place, its time consuming and some days all you would do is play around in forums but it helps
  7. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    I am learning it like this. Everyday I visit different forums and read the threads which are useful. Forums are sometimes very useful for your career. I still have alot of time to establish myself as a good webmaster. I think I am the smallest around this forum. :D
  8. admin Administrator Staff Member

admin
    lol easy tiger ;) dont want GKD and Midlandi hearing that :eek:
  9. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    well, i earn next to nothing from my site - but i am building a lot of nice backlinks on my site and i can see my uniques rising a 100 or so each month - also im trying to raise some money to kick start my forum, and hopefully grab in a few good members
  10. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well, yeah!! I am a full time webmaster and I enjoy this job.

What I Do? Firstly, AdSense --> I make about 300$ per month from this

Other jobs like selling domains etc. --> About 600$. So, now, this is enough for a normal person in India.
    Asad,
  11. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    nice work wish i could give up my other job now, but i would have to be earning $3500 a month online before i would even think about going full time online.
  12. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i think ?1000 a month would be alough - i think it depends though if you want enough to live off, or some luxuries too
  13. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    I would never give my life out to earn alot of money.
    Like surfing net all day long.:confused: