Budgets ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Fuzzer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    How do you budget each month for your sites ? is it just a random guess or do you plan things months in hand.

Also how much do you put aside for your sites a month ?
  2. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Wow, good question!

With me it depends on the site, what my intentions and goals are etc.

As most of you know do buy and sell alot of sites, most I never have the intention of selling but offers come in too good to refuse!

Advertising is always the biggest budget.
    I guess my formula is:-

Where is the site now.
    Where do I want it to be.
    In what time scale.
    What are the priorities.
    Am I keeping it........LOL! But seriously on that note sometimes you can buy a site which is great but has a pants design and just by spending a few $$ on a great new design you can double your money overnight. So in that case there would be only a short term plan so the budget would be small.

Some other sites I may keep for a while due to the income potential and also the fact that they have more long term return potential. So then comes in the decsion how long etc.Back to "Where is the site now"! So then a budget starts. The most I made on a single site was $4,700. I originally spent $600 on the site and for 6 months spent over $500 promoting etc, whilst earning around $150-$200 a month income. This was really and exceptional case as I would not normallly invest that much as a monthly budget, but "horses for courses" this one was worth it!

So for budget descision it is really about where you are now and where you want to be in what timescale.
    Oh, and what you can afford!
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yeah thats pretty much how i do it too , however if the money is in my paypal account i will spend it on the sites. Ive have one site that earns me alot, everything that it earns then goes into my other sites, As far as websites go i dont use the money for anything else. So if i make $1500 in a month it will be spent on my other sites or by buying new ones
  4. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I never did such thing like planning.
    However... I think that I should do some good and risky things now and for this I need to plan and maintain a perfect budget!
    Asad,
  5. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    never have a budget, normally run my site on nothing!