Digital Point Marketplace on a downward spirl ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by MoneyMan, Jun 21, 2008.

1. MoneyMan Not Active

MoneyMan
    Hey all..... Well im back from my vacation, last night i decided to hope over to DP to start business again with posting some services and looking around the buying sections to see if there was anything of interest, I knew about the " New rules " in the marketplace before i went away but i never thought they would have such an effect on the day to day dealing with normal members !.

With Digital Point Mod's banning and giving out infractions left right and centre will this ruin a good, busy marketplace ? Hell yeah ! I'm posting service which get buried in a matter on minutes because of the volume of people posting similar ads, this i can tolerate as its always been like this, HOWEVER now the new rules have come in to play people are not even allowed to reply to threads "pm details please " or Pm Sent look forward to info".

This means that as soon as your ad goes past the 3rd page, that's it ! gone ! good bye advert. Once that happens you have to decide do i risk making another thread and hope that i don't get banned for double posting ?

The list goes on... what's the solution ? One of two really...

• Boycott DP Mods and Admin to release the rules a little
    • Move to another Marketplace

So i cant see DP backing down on this one so here is a list of Other marketplaces around the web.

Starting with this one :)

I don't expect anyone to actually make a stand but wouldn't it be nice to make DP look up a bit and think "oh our busiest part of the forum is slowly getting smaller huh ! wouldn't it ?
  2. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    I get your point-but you see there is no marketplace that comes close to it!
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    yeah for pure volumes of members they get posting adverts it would take alot to even get close to that, even though i would love for this place to get really busy :v_SPIN:
  4. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Yea.. DigitalPoint Has A Strict Rules Now About The Affiliate Links In PMs, Bumping Threads, Posts Such As "I'm Interested PM Plz" .. They Are Giving Infractions For Free :D Well I Received A 2 Points Infraction Because I Posted A Thread In A Wrong Forum Just By Accident, And The Weird Thing, I Reported It To The Moderators To Move It But They Gave Me an Infraction!
  5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yep, well i got banned for 24 hours last week for making a post "pm me details please " and since ive been back ive had 2 infraction points for "bumping posts" when i clearly wasnt ! i was just asking a question. I understand they have to be little strict because of the massive member base they have but its getting out of control
  6. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Yea.. The Buy/Sell/Trade Sections And Specially The Freebies Section Was Full Of Spam.. they Post Offers And Give Affiliate Links By PMs, And People Just Post I'm Interested In The Thread.. So They're Bumping Threads Which Is A spam!
  7. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Its only spam if its intended to bump the thread or increase post count, if some one genuinely wanted the details its much easier to post interested rather than PM'ing some one.

I mean if someone is selling something you shouldnt have to chase them to sell you it, you should be able to Post " Pm me details please" so they can sell it to you. Ive had to clean out my PM inbox and sent items completely in the last week because im using the PM's so much now, its a pain
  8. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    thers too arguments really - with such a big forum you gotta be harsh to controll it

but on the other hand, sitepoint etc dont do it
  9. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    yeah thats true and sitepoint is controled very well ,it also charges to list things so that could be your reason, its more professional and you dont get everyone under the sun thinking they know everything about everything
  10. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    well Sometimes It's A Way To Request More Details.. But Most Of People Do That To Increase Their Posts Count, And They Also Break The Rules Of Affiliate Links, they Aren't Allowed In PMs, They Catch Everyday Lots Of People, and They Give A Direct Infraction!
  11. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, a lot of people put please pm me for post count, and dont want the product at all
  12. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Well Just To Build Their Post Count and Sell Signatures For High Prices.. Because DP Is A Big Community!
  13. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    I wouldnt buy a signature, they hardly bring any traffic at all
  14. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    No, They Have A Big Role To Bring Traffic! If You Have Many Posts You Will Get Traffic I'm Sure, And Already Tried It! If It's Useless You Won't See Anyone Offering Them, Or Buying Them!
  15. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    the main reason people use DP Sigs is for
    1. a small amount of traffic
    2. alot of backlinks from a respected site

Backlinks from DP posts can do wonders for your serps
  16. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    hmm, hope fully my 500 links here will be good!
  17. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    They Do Not Buy Signatures In DP Only ! Lots And Lots Of Forums Allow To Sell Signatures And Members Do! (Including Me)
  18. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, people will buy sigs even at small forums
  19. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Thats correct and its for the same reasons i said
  20. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    But Members Aren't That Blind To Not See Another Member's Signature.. If they See Something Interesting They Will Enter.. If Not Then How Do You Explain To Me Putting Your Website In Your Signature :)