DigitalPoint Forums Going Down and Down and Deep!!! PROOF INSIDE!

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Asad, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Hello all,

Just wanted to show you a proof that DP is going to face an end!

I remember, 5 months ago, DP was 432 in Alexa rankings and now, its 17xx.

huh! You have understood what I am trying to say. Didn't You? :laugh:
    Asad,
  2. Similar Threads: DigitalPoint Forums
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat DigitalPoint Sucks!!!! Aug 10, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat TriPHP Forums lost its Pagerank like my sites lost! Sep 15, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Mobile Forums Sep 5, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Are there too many Webmaster Forums? Sep 4, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Some "bigger" Forums loosing Traffic. Aug 3, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Forums with huge amounts of visitors - Fake ? Jul 16, 2008

3. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Never checked DP's Alexa rank before, but what you're telling us here doesn't surprise me at all. People have started to realize that something is going on there, so they've decided that it is time to head elsewhere..where they wouldn't be banned for any apparent reasons, they wouldn't receive infractions out of the blue and so on.
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    It doesnt really tell a true story though , since alexa has set their new standards alot of places have dropped in ranks at the same time , look at google.co.uk and other large sites they have all dropped at the same time
  5. seovb New Member

seovb
    Alexa rank is the most useless ranking factor on the net.

They are changing rules like crazy over there, but its not about the stuff that needs changed, they're giving out petty infractions and bans, and letting people abuse the iTrader system without giving infractions or bans for it.

The site is a mess atm, and I hope they straighten it out soon as its a good site, just filled with alot of useless crap here lately
  6. BuxP Not Active

BuxP
    It still remains the biggest selling/buying forum where I can offer my service so they might suck.. they are my income
    BuxP,
  7. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    All though they ban for asking for "more information" they still do not ban a person even after they are proven a scam artist selling off other peoples scripts,templates etc.

So even though its the biggest BST it also attracts too many scams not worth the risk when other smaller forums work just as well. Just have to work harder making more posts.
  8. BuxP Not Active

BuxP
    Yep.. i believe that you say times may change... But they have many new members daily, and BST is their strength.. the only reason why i am there btw...
    BuxP,
  9. Jani Qdoos Contributor

Jani
    I know many people just don't like DP at all, but despite of all their dislikes they spend their time there because it is a HUGE forum and as mentioned above their BST section is very strong.

We should respect DP too, because they have provided a really big platform to many designer/developers/writers/coders...etc to earn money online.
    Jani,
  10. Gotovski Not Active

Gotovski
    i Tottaly agree with you that the always changing their rules
  11. opiapr New Member

opiapr
    Mods are infraction trigger happy.

I got an infraction for posting in the wrong category. When I complained that the category i posted was the most adequate for the post they gave me another infraction just for complaining. I don't put with kids playing cops aka dp moderators.
  12. filipina New Member

filipina
    Digital point is still one my stop offs. I must admit I have been looking for something new and fresh.
  13. bluffy New Member

bluffy
    still dp is among the top site for webmaster and its BST section is a added bonus