domain transfer?

Discussion in 'Domain Discussions' started by KPRSNAX, Mar 11, 2008.

1. KPRSNAX Guest

KPRSNAX
    I had yahoo web hosting and site builder...but i decided to switch web hosts , however I didn't cancel my account with yahoo first and now my page is lost in cyberspace.
    I'm trying to retrieve it so that i can re-create a new page, with my new host.
    Can you help me figure out how to do it in laymen terms as I'm a newbie and don't know the lingo.
  2. Similar Threads: domain transfer
    Forum Title Date
    Domain Discussions How do I transfer my godaddy domain to freewebs? Jul 19, 2008
    Domain Discussions godaddy internal domain transfer? May 26, 2008
    Domain Discussions website development with domain transfer trouble? May 23, 2008
    Domain Discussions What does it mean to make a domain name transfer or a domain transfer? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions Godaddy how does domain transfer work? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions How to transfer domain name and content to new owner? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions what should I include in a domain name transfer contract? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions How do I get a domain transfer code? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions How long does it usually take for a domain to transfer from one registrar to another? May 9, 2008
    Domain Discussions Hosting and Domain Transfers on GoDaddy.com? Apr 10, 2008

3. pedaammulu Guest

pedaammulu
    i am not clear with your problem.

firstly, do you have a full domain name. like www.microsoft.com or www.vkinfotek.com ?

if so, you are the rightful owner of the domain. no one, can hold it back from you. you should contact domain registrar for restoring your domain name.

next, when you switch domain hosting, you have to inform your new hoster about your situation and obtain the relevant ip address.

you have to inform your domain registrar of the switch and furnish your new hosting ip address.