Fake PR ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by MoneyMan, Jun 24, 2008.

1. MoneyMan Not Active

MoneyMan
    What do people mean by fake PR ? i have seen people say it so many times but i dont know what they mean
  2. Similar Threads: Fake
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat Forums with huge amounts of visitors - Fake ? Jul 16, 2008

3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Good question !

Ok Fake PR isnt really fake it's just a domain that has been redirected to another domain for some time , Basicly if you were to 301 redirect one of your domains to abobe.com for a couple of months then your domain would inherit the PR10 !

Although this shows on the Google toolbar it isnt real its just a trick, Hence "fake PR"

You can check weather a site has fake PR but using one of the thousands of PR checkers or the most reliable one GOOGLE !

yes google will tell you if the domain has fake PR :

Type this into google
    Code:
    [I]info:www.yourdomain.com [/I]
    if the domain shows then its real PR

if it doesn't or it shows a different domain to the one you typed then its Fake.

You should always check these things if you are buying websites/ links and anything else that this could effect

Hope that explains it :cute:
  4. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    This command didn't work with me, it shows me only 1 result (The website which I'm looking for its PR) Any explain for this ?

Btw, I always use this PR checker, Google PageRank Checker - Check Google page rank of any web pages
    Anyone tried it before ? Is it reliable ?

5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Its only suppose to show you one result, this is designed to tell you if its fake PR not what the PR is !, IF you want to know what the PR is you will have to use a reliable PR checker, although alot of PR checkers do not work all the time.
  6. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Oh well, now I got what you meant.. But I see some PR checkers show the truth ex: prchecker.info I always use it to check a website's PR.. Did you try it before ?
  7. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i don't get it, whats the purpose of fake pr if its easy to detect, or are thetre a couple of gullable people out there?
  8. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    As Riverwire said, lots of PR checkers doesn't say the truth, only few people who knows about that command in google! Almost of them use PR checkers websites.. You should know first on what they are based to check your PR.. as this trick montioned above could fool lots people !
  9. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    ok, anyone wanna buy my pr10 site of me(itl be ready in a few months)

i dont go for pr when buying a site, unless it was pr6 or higher then i would be more interested in the pr
  10. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Thats the best way to be hitman, when buying sites always look at revenue , traffic and potential if the previous two fail, PR is just a bonus that might come along. :goofy:
  11. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i think another reson is, if you buy a pr6 site, it might have its pr from link exzchanges, meaning i would have to spend so much time keeping updated with links to keep the pr if the site hadnt just naturally got its pr from backlinks
  12. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Well I guess most people (Including me) before they buy a website, they ask for the daily revenu not the PR ! Because it's the most important thing.
    The PR is used lots when you do link exchanges.. Poeple ask for it as a first thing..