gmail......?

Discussion in 'Google' started by leanne m, Jul 13, 2008.

1. leanne m Not Active

leanne m
    how do i delete my gmail account?
  2. Freedom is true Not Active

Freedom is true
    To me, Gmail is the best thing since indoor plumbing, machine-sliced bread and Cheese Wiz. It?s fast, I like the user interface, I like the added functionalities like Gmail for domains, forwarding, mobile, and the like. I especially like the threaded view! But there might be some instances when you would need to delete or cancel your Gmail account. I know, it?s crazy, but who knows?sometimes you need a fresh start or maybe you?re doing it for security purposes. And here I?ll tell you how to do it.

To me, Gmail is the best thing since indoor plumbing, machine-sliced bread and Cheese Wiz. It?s fast, I like the user interface, I like the added functionalities like Gmail for domains, forwarding, mobile, and the like. I especially like the threaded view! But there might be some instances when you would need to delete or cancel your Gmail account. I know, it?s crazy, but who knows?sometimes you need a fresh start or maybe you?re doing it for security purposes. And here I?ll tell you how to do it.

You first log in to your Google accounts page at www.google.com/accounts. Key in your account username (usually the email address you signed up with, which is usually your Gmail address), and password.

Then click the Edit link beside My Services

You will then be presented a list of services you can delete, and even a link to deleting your Google accounts itself.

When you click the Delete Gmail Service link, you will get a prompt asking you to confirm deletion, and to set a new email address to use as your login name for Google accounts.

Google wants to make sure you don?t do anything stupid, and unwantingly (or unknowingly) delete your entire Gmail account. So you would have to check the checkbox, input an alternate email address, and key in your current password before proceeding.

Once you click that Remove Gmail button, poof goes your Gmail!