Godaddy.com and FileZilla?

Discussion in 'Domain Discussions' started by Junior_fan, May 31, 2008.

1. Junior_fan Not Active

Junior_fan
    I have created a website using a Website creator (Perfect Website Creator) and Im trying to send it to my Godaddy.com account. When I try, I get a box that has this stuff in it....

FTP Server_________
    Username________
    Password_________
    WWW Folder_______

What do these spaces mean, what do I put in the blanks, and how do I find It?

Do I need to use FileZilla?

Thanks!!
  2. webzedge Guest

webzedge
    In order to load your web site you need a host. If Godaddy is your host then the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is ftp.your_domain.com The user name and password are probably you Godaddy login information. The folder will be where you want the HTML loaded to; the main page will be index.html plus what ever you named your other pages. page_one.html, page_two.html and so on....
  3. Fred Not Active

Fred
    It is asking for your FTP credentials to upload the files you have created. I imagine you have a hosting account with GoDaddy for this.

FTP Server: You can use either an IP address or the actual domain name. Usually the domain works best such as ftp.domain.com

Username: This is the user name you use with your GoDaddy hosting account.

Password: Same as above

WWW Folder: The FTP program needs to know where your public files are so browse to wherever the files are on your computer (i.e. C:/decktop/domain/www) and enter this information on that line.
    Fred,