Google News site submit?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jjdubya, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jjdubya Guest

jjdubya
    We have a niche local news site, I figure that if we submit our site to Google news then anytime someone searches on one of our specialized news stories we will have a very high ranking and increase our traffic substantially. Is this correct?

Can anyone share their experiences with Google News?

Do I have to submit all stories or can I choose which ones to give?

2. MayhemUK Guest

MayhemUK
    Google News does not work like Google the search engine. google News needs to get its news from trusted sites (trusted Google's eyes). So - to get your story into Google News you need to put your story into a News Syndication service like prweb.com or prnewswire.com They will then syndicate the story and - if it's worthy - then Google may send you some traffic for a bit.

Best,

D.
  3. MayhemUK Guest

MayhemUK
    Google News does not work like Google the search engine. google News needs to get its news from trusted sites (trusted Google's eyes). So - to get your story into Google News you need to put your story into a News Syndication service like prweb.com or prnewswire.com They will then syndicate the story and - if it's worthy - then Google may send you some traffic for a bit.

Best,

D.
  4. imisidro Guest

imisidro
    If you are a news source, you don't have to use PR Newswire or any of these press wire services to get your news into Google News.

Simply apply as a provider. Go to the Google News website and submit your site for consideration http://www.google.com/support/news_pub/bin/request.py -- they will manually review your site and let you know if you are accepted as a news provider in Google News.

Check with them how you may need to structure your pages. We've been with them since 2005, and their instruction to us was to make sure that our news pages have 4 digits in its URL so we use numbers in the URL. For example, http://www.powerhomebiz.com/News/012007/live-conferencing-group.htm

They will ask you the folder in which your news stories are published -- and anything that is in that folder provided it is in the format you were accepted in (if you were accepted as press release provider, only press releases and not ordinary articles ) gets into Google News.

Google News picks up stories from my website about 10-15 minutes of making them live on the Web. So pick ups are automatic and you don't have to do anything once you are accepted as a news source in Google News.