Have Forums helped with SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by midlandi, Aug 3, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Like Qdoos, there are many Webmaster Forums.
    My question is has any member here actually improved their own SEO skills via the forums?

For me a definate yes, though I still have LOADS to learn....:tongue:
  2. Similar Threads: Forums helped
    Forum Title Date
    Search Engine Optimization UK and USA forums list Dec 31, 2008

3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Same here, SEO is something that i really take in and work on alot, im always trying new things to try and better my self, forums are the only way i learnt and from the odd article etc, without forums though id wouldnt know half the things i know today
  4. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Sure forums as Qdoos helps me learning seo and not only (even php, Cpanel, marketing and so on), but the best part is that usually on a forum you post a question and receive tons of answer with several points of view from the same problem, so you will have more than one possible solution (it doesn't happens with a standard support ticket as example).-

5. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Do you find though that some questions just never get answered straight, like the "experts" really dont want you to know?
  6. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    Hi midlandi,

If you are webmaster or working as an SEO, then these following points can definitely make your mind to have your profile in an online forum -

1. Lots of knowledge sharing ? That?s for the prime objective of a forum. There are lots of topics / issues which makes people crazy in search engine optimization and internet marketing. Nowadays, Search engines, especially Google would change its algorithm and making updates very frequently. And, by the forums are a good place to keep yourself updated with these sudden updates and algorithm changes.

2. Website reviews ? In SEO forums, you could definitely get a section called ?Website Reviews? where you can ask other webmasters to review and constructively criticize your website. You can easily understand how useful it can be for a SEO / Webmaster. You can easily get many of good as well as points where your site is lacking. And this could be very helpful in making a better website for the web.

3. Lots of backlinks ? Almost every forum has a signature feature for their members to put their favorite websites. And whenever you post, that signatures would be attached along with it. By this, you can also collect many back links from the forums.

4. Community Recognition ? If you are a member of the SEO forum, this is obvious that you will be recognized as an SEO then.

5. Business ? Sometimes, you can also get business from the forums, if you get recommendations by other members.
    mit,
    Fuzzer likes this.
  7. Hafsoh Qdoos Contributor

Hafsoh
    SEO forums are important to increase your knowledge and be aware on new trends and techniques. It is also a good place to discuss and solve your site problems with other SEOs.