header Tags really important ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MoneyMan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. MoneyMan Not Active

MoneyMan
    All the time you see people saying about having you keywords in header tags etc, do you follow these so called rules of seo ?
  2. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Actually yes I do, I always insert keywords in the header tags!
    I have some good keywords (Most searched related to the content of my website) I inserted them in the header and they did a good job! It does worth
  3. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yes, you do need header tags, even footer tags have a little value i think - i use header tags on my forum and blog
  4. Tom@S Not Active

Tom@S
    kw in meta arent important but i think meta description is. Some serp are only from this like result so i mainly add this meta element
  5. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Actually the keywords & the description are a couple important things in meta tags in header.. Every one has his role to do!
  6. IFOR2005 Not Active

IFOR2005
    its the basic thing to do on onpage optimization...
  7. websavy Not Active

websavy
    I think header text is important. Mainly header text used at the top of the body part, so when google bot crawl any pages then they can easily understand what type of site it is and what type of information they will provide throughout the page.
  8. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I think search engines doesn't give an important for meta tags anymore as it was abused by webmasters, so I don't think it's true what you said above websavy
  9. Takumi_86 Not Active

Takumi_86
    Actually its not depend on header tag but also the content and your layout/design must be neat because thats the most common reason why most people would really love to spend their time at your site
  10. seovb New Member

seovb
    Get your important headlines in <h1> and <h2> tags early in the page, and then make sure the meta keywords and descriptions are important and should reflect the content of the page.
  11. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    I would say following proper structure <h1>,<h2> and <h3> tags along with clean urls along with a good title with good content is all you need. Look at all the top sites no meta "keywords" or "description" to be found. As good has proven with adsense it depends on the content and titles for ads so SEO would hold true also.

Just my opinion though