Hosting and Domain Transfers on GoDaddy.com?

Discussion in 'Domain Discussions' started by Lea87, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Lea87 Guest

Lea87
    I just bought my domain name on Yahoo and am now about to get my hosting on GoDaddy.com. Their website is so busy it's almost disorienting. However they're cheap and offer month to month. Anyways, This is my first time and I have a few questions...
    Does it cost to transfer a domain name?
    Also, when I bought my domain name on Yahoo, i opted to pay an additional 9 dollars to make my info private when searched in WHOIS directories. Am I going to lose this when I transfer it to GoDaddy if I dont pay another 6 dollars for them to keep it private?

thanks
  2. Gary Guest

Gary
    You can use godaddy hosting and keep your domain name registared with yahoo. All you have to do is change the name servers on your yahoo domain to that of godaddys. I have just done the opposite of what you are doing I bought a domain at godaddy and bought hosting at yahoo. You should check out there FAQ or help section if you need any more help.
    Just to let you know it may take up to 48 hours to change the name servers but when I did it it only took about 1 hour and a half.
    Gary,