How can i make enough money to get a horse and take care of it ???

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by rahrah3444, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rahrah3444 Not Active

rahrah3444
    Im only 12 and my mom said that i could get a horse and i no how much responsiblity one is. How can i get that much money, im open for sugestens.

and wheres a place to get a good horse for a low price

pleaze help
    thanks
    i do ride horses are my life
  2. moviebuff Not Active

moviebuff
    There is nothing cheap about a horse. What is it that you want from a horse. A pet, figure out what you want. If you want to learn to ride, You would be better off going to a stable and learning to ride on a school horse. There is a huge difference between horses. Something you see for sale on the Internet for 300 might be totally unrideable, it might have some really bad habits or it might have some kind of disease that you are not being told about. Try and learn as much as you can about horses, stables, riders, different disciplines of riding, saddles and the other tack involved in riding. If you could have a talk with a large animal vet that might help you learn more about horses. Then after you do all that you might decide that a horse isn't worth it or it might become the passion of your life, but you can't make that decision with plenty of work and study
  3. Emily Guest

Emily
    First, try asking your neighbors if you can do small jobs for them. Also, ask your trainer of you can help at the barn. If you're sure you're ready for this, try leasing. If it goes ok, try looking on equine.com or equinenow.com or equinehits.com. If you don't ride, DO NOT buy a horse.
  4. equine_ smarts Not Active

equine_ smarts
    i have a horse for sale but i doubt your mom would let you travel all the way to MISSISSIPPI for a horse...

http://www.horseclicks.com/horses/cpndp3/