How much money do you need to make in order to adopt a Child ?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Brittnie M, May 7, 2008.

1. Brittnie M Guest

Brittnie M
    How much money do you need to make in order to Adopt a child?
    Question Details: Me and my Husband are looking in to adopting a child.We make about 2 grand a month.We have a 2 year old already.We know we can afford another child are bills are always paid and we have more extra spending money but that extra money could be going to another child.But not sure if that is enough money in the CAS's eyes oh im from Canada,Ontario . plz answer thanx :) God bless
    How much money do you need to make in order to Adopt a child?
    Question Details: Me and my Husband are looking in to adopting a child.We make about 2 grand a month.We have a 2 year old already.We know we can afford another child are bills are always paid and we have more extra spending money but that extra money could be going to another child.But not sure if that is enough money in the CAS's eyes oh im from Canada,Ontario . plz answer thanx :) God bless

Had somebody say that 2 K was not enough ...just wanted to say that where i live the cost of living is not that high i pay 269$ for my rent .we already calculated the money and we have more then enough .So please just just answer the question i asked :) thank you.
    Had somebody say that 2 K was not enough ...just wanted to say that where i live the cost of living is not that high i pay 269$ for my rent .we already calculated the money and we have more then enough .So please just just answer the question i asked :) thank you.
  2. Gaia Raain Guest

Gaia Raain
    If you adopt through foster care, the only income requirements are that you have stable finances, and can pay your bills. I don't know about adopting an infant, or internationally, but those programs cost far more than foster adoption, so I would guess you'd need to make a whole lot more money just to cover the fees.
  3. Shayliha Guest

Shayliha
    Don't know about Canada but in US you need to make enough to support your current household plus expenses. As long as you can provide for the child that is much better than them being in foster care! If you are trying to adopt over seas I would suggest a lot of money though.
  4. PKUmom Guest

PKUmom
    sorry hun, but I seriously doubt they'd consider $2K a month as "good money" because it really isn't...

Bless you for wanting to adopt, but perhaps just try to enrich the life of your current child
  5. I know here it doesn't matter how much you make as long as your bills are paid and you can afford food for the house.