How much money does a person need to make in order to be considered middle class?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Jelcor, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Jelcor Not Active

Jelcor
    Also state what area you're from if you're only talking about your area.
  2. justj0sh1ng Not Active

justj0sh1ng
    not much, but there is no exact number. generally, a middle class citizen owns a house, even if they have dept, and have a somewhat sturdy foundation economical. unfortunately, George Bush destroyed middle class :(
  3. nationalluv Not Active

nationalluv
    There is different levels of middle class lower middle,middle middle, upper middle same for upper class lower upper middle upper and upper upper.

Upper Middle class-100,000 for two income earners white collar highly educated individuals 62,500 Plus individual

Middle Middle

Lower Middle-Semi Professionals and lower skilled white collar workers 32,500-60,000

Working Class 15,00-30,000

Poor 15,000 or less
  4. Aurora Not Active

Aurora
    To me money is only one aspect of class.
  5. I Speak the Truth Not Active

I Speak the Truth
    Middle class is an illusion of people with good credit allowing them to buy all the things they own with leverage ( debt ). You could be middle class if you can buy a 3br 1ba house, new car and have a full time job all on credit.

Income has nothing to do with the status of a person. Some people are millionaires and live like middle class other people are middle class and try to live as millionaires with debt all over.
  6. 2BusyMom Not Active

2BusyMom
    Depends on how many people that income needs to support. For a family of 4 on the West Coast you would need approximately $80,000 per year would make you lower middle class.