How much will it cost me?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Jani, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Jani Qdoos Contributor

Jani
    Hi everyone,

I have created a forum (General Discussion Forum) on my site smsbucket.com/forum

I am currently using phpbb forum script, but as you all know that people will join easily if I have vBulletin forum, right?

I was wondering how much will it cost me to convert my phpbb forum to vBulletin? I know vBulletin license is $180, what extra charges will be applied?

Also, is it possible that I use some other person's vBulletin license and in return I give him a permanent link on the footer of my forum?
    Jani,
  2. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    jani, vbulletin will not get you members.

what i plan to do, is use whatever money i can win in this forum comptition, say i win the $200, thats 2000 posts, or $50 will get me 500!

if i get a smaller prize, ill run some small weekly comptitions for $5

so basically,get some content first,then worry about design
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yes hitman is right VB wont bring members although VB is the most user friendly IMO, any forum wont start on its own, you need to market it in the right way and gain links and banners on related sites.

To be honest if you just starting out i wouldnt spend the money on VB unless you have it and its burning a whole in your pocket, i would also recommend getting VBseo which is another $150.