How to make money as an aerial photographer?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by CRJPILOT, May 9, 2008.

1. CRJPILOT Guest

CRJPILOT
    I am a pilot and I have been selling pictures of people?s houses to pay for flight time. I would like to make a business out of it but how to pay the bills is the big question any ideas
  2. fhotoace Guest

fhotoace
    Call some not so local aerial photographers and find out what equipment they use and what they charge. Many counties use aerial photography to assist in assessment of developed land and the improvements that my not show up on the counties records.

Your fee will have to reflect the cost of fuel, ground fees, engine and airframe hours and your time. For accurate aerial imagery, you will have to use a camera that is mounted under your fuselage and remotely triggered based upon a video image you can see in near your instrument panel.

Other aerial photographers will be able hook you up to good equipment that will enhance your photography
  3. lamplight123 Guest

lamplight123
    It may not be glamourous but aerial insurance photography can be profitable. The unmanned vehicles are being used in this area as well as piloted.

Good luck.
  4. Joesph B Guest

Joesph B
    undercut everyone else, 200$ for a photo geez I don know how much you charge but crap its expensive