How to make money to buy a cat within 1 week?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by airbender, Jun 4, 2008.

1. airbender Not Active

airbender
    My mother and I have one kitten, and want to get a playmate for her. The problem is, we are getting a Balinese (siamese with long hair) and the kitten is 400 or 500 dollars. I need this money fast. Here is the picture of the kittens:
    http://www.kathysavailablekittens.blogspot.com

Does anybody know any secret tricks to make big bucks fast?? A lemonade stand seems pretty dumb, and I don't have time to petsit or sell things Thanks a bunch in advance. 10 points to the person with the best idea.
    Why can't you people just answer my question? I need a Balinese from this breeder because I am not anywhere near a shelter......we got a list of shelters for our state and the nearest one is 8 hours away. Help? I am not trying to be inhumane to the cats that are being euthanized......my mother just doesn't have the time to drive that far. I've never paid for something like this before and and just trying to do this for my mother's birthday.
    I mean I am trying to do this for my mother's birthday to take the burden of paying for the cat. i'm just a kid who wants a Balinese cat because thats the kind of cat we get......they're our favorite animals and we love their personality. Thanks very much.
    Sorry for all the additional information but my mother and I have it worked out so that I pay for the kitten and she pays for all the extra stuff (spay neuter, insurance, etc etc)
  2. Cowgirl Not Active

Cowgirl
    Get odd jobs.....

I have one simular to that.... her mother left her in my barn.... shes adorible!! and so is the one you want =D
  3. Mandy P Not Active

Mandy P
    There are lots of cats at animal shelters, and many of them are purebred! My friend got a ragdoll, my other friend got a maine coon, and my other got a bengal.

You don't need to have matching kittens... if they're the same age and grow up together, they'll get along great no matter what breed they are.

Paying $500 for a pet is ridiculous. Spend $60 and save one from death row!
  4. Nettles86 Not Active

Nettles86
    could u not put a deposit down to reserve the kitten then pay the rest when u pick the kitten up.
    BTW u don't just need money for the kitten u need money for the jabs, the insurance, spaying or neutering, flea n worm treatments, toys, beds, treats, food, scratch posts etc
  5. dukefenton Not Active

dukefenton
    First of all, this is not a cat question, it's a money question.

Secondly, there's no need to shell out big bucks for a purebred kitten; there are plenty of healthy kittens at your local shelter or rescue group who need homes just as badly. Most groups charge about $50-100 for an adoption fee, which generally includes first vaccinations. What you need to save money for is the follow-up vaccinations, spay/neuter, and so on.