how to make money to buy a ferret?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Kaitlyn K, May 25, 2008.

1. Kaitlyn K Not Active

Kaitlyn K
    my friend and me are trying to buy another ferret thats a female to breed my male ferret but we are trying to think a way to buy it but we dont have the money for everything..
    help?
  2. manda Guest

manda
    You have an un-neutered male ferret? Wow... Those are rare.

Ferrets are maybe $150. Sounds like you might be too young to handle breeding them. I've heard it's not too easy.
  3. Josie Not Active

Josie
    sell lemonade
    mow lawns rake leaves
    get a job
    save your allowance
  4. liveyourlife` Not Active

liveyourlife`
    By the sounds of it, you're children. Children should NOT be breeding, by any means, and no responsible breeder would EVER sell a minor an animal without their parents.

Did you know that if females aren't bred when they're in heat, they can die?

It sounds like you can't afford owning a breeding pair and having babies, so I recommend you don't get a female. Get your boy neutered.
  5. Dancer K Not Active

Dancer K
    You could babysit and sell some things that you don't use anymore
  6. Ball Python Lover Not Active

Ball Python Lover
    ok I was in the same problems so from a bunch of friends I got 25$ loans I then used that to buy the ferret and supplies... After selling the first litter of ferrets I paid each friend back 30$ and after the second litter and so on I just got money in my pocket!!! I hope I helped!
  7. Katie .C Not Active

Katie .C
    Judging by this question, I doubt you've really thought it through.

You have a ferret. You can obviously afford the very HIGH expenses of that one.
    You want another ferret that you don't have the money to buy it with, and the supplies...
    You want another ferret to BREED, so the female will have babies.
    If you get a female ferret and it gets pregnant, how do you expect to pay for the pups afterwards?
    Ferrets can have big litters somtimes...
    If you can't come up with the money for a second ferret, how do you expect to pay for medical bills, and supplies for the litter as well?
    Ferrets are prone to have more medical problems then CATS.
    I think you should wait until you have A LOT more money.
    To give you a straight forward answer, you should get a side job, have a garage sale, or look for sombody who is willing to give you a ferret out of a recent litter they had for free, or a lot cheaper then at a pet shop.

Uhh.....maybe one is enough....