How would you promote a personal blog?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing / Revenue' started by Midwest, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    As you probably know, I'm currently working on a new blog. The design is ready, I've published a couple of posts ( the introduction, "About Me" page and such ) and will soon start writing articles on various topics, from movies/games/websites reviews, to news and to happenings from my everyday life..and not just that. So as you can see, it's more a personal blog than a niche or business one.

I already have a plan on how to promote it, but wanted to ask you too the following: How would you promote such a blog, in order to get some decent traffic and feed subscribers to it ?

Any answers are appreciated :)
  2. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
  3. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    According to me the best way to promote a blog is offering really good content and then posting about it on forums related to your niche. Also starting freebies and giving members of a certain forum anything is always valid (in example: i visit your blog and contribute with it but you give me the chance to gain some backlinks due your blog is DoFollow), also another good way is offering adds for cheap...doing this interested publishers will visit your blog to check if is valuable buying adds from you, at same time they start loving your blog, once they know it be sure they will continue visitng it without you ask (of course if your blog is really interesting to them).

4. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Hmm..your tips are good too, Masterweb. I've already stored them in my mind ( so to speak ) and will be put into action soon. Thanks!
  6. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    I think the better way to gain visitors is offering some thing (could be a freebie, an A+ content, etc)
  7. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Also (and I hate to promote this AGAIN!) but I know you are a good article writer so write an article about your blog and ................well I wont post the link but you know what I mean!
    PLUS....submit the url to the social bookmarking sites................SB!!!
  8. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Will going to try this, too ;)
  9. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Hehe..I know what you mean, Midlandi. I'm gonna write an article and will submit it via SB and see what it'll happen :D Thanks for the tip and for recommending me as a good article writer ;)
  10. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    I think other then adding constant unique content using the normal bookmarking sites and articles submission sites would be find a product people want and offer it for free on your site. Make it so user subscribe to your feed and once you confirm they get the download link. Seen this has worked fairly well for some folks
  11. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Yep, correct. I too have seen bloggers and webmaster using this technique and I guess it works pretty well for them..so it wouldn't hurt me trying it too :)