I wish kill my hosting provider!

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by masterweb, Aug 4, 2008.

1. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Sorry to mods and Admin if i'm posting on the wrong section (maybe also a wrong post) but i need to release some pressure...

I manage a reseller account and currently i have more than 50 clients (for about 63 sites) plus my own sites (about 14 includding some boards). Well from time to time any site using databases goes down...it happens about 1 time a month (sometimes 1 a week) and i contacted my provider many times about this isue.... well today the problem is taking more than 2 hours and the last response i got from the support ticket i opened was: "Hello,

Mysql is working just fine on the server, the issue is only with that script..."

So i ask how about 40 differents sites running several scripts and managed by differents persons are down at same time (and only sites using DB are down)?

Could someone explain to this support guy that is not possible???

Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Unlucky mate, thats why i use the larger companys to host my sites they normally fix the problem before i even know about it lol...

Hope you get things sorted
  3. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    First of all, I don't think you've posted the thread in the wrong section, so don't worry about it ;) Now about your hosting provider: which company do you use for hosting your sites..and your clients' sites? You can tell us about it, we won't consider it as an advertising attempt :). Probably they have issues with their servers, in regard of DB powered websites, who knows? Maybe it's just a glitch that has to be fixed..Or probably it's just time for you to move to another company ( if you think such a thing is indeed necessary )..
  4. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Here is an example of how easy is to lost clients... i was into the support area from my provider explainning this to a support guy (the same that receives always my tickets each time i contact the. Well we continues telling me that's issue is from my script (again how more than 40 sites running differents scripts could be down due a single error???). Well at the end i told him i'm not an stupid so if i say is a servers issue then i'm sure (i manage at work more than 15 servers for a Intranet). Also i attached to him the links to latests tickects (anwered always from him) plus a link to some sites currently down as a live demo...

You know what this guy did...

He closed my tickect after posting "...What are you talking about!!! i can see any error so i think you don't know what a server is!!!..."

What you think?
  5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Whats the company you are dealing with ? Any unprofessional comment like that i would request full backups of the databases and site files and take my business somewhere else. Then if you could prove it was happening alot maybe look in to claiming for loss of earnings, but to be honest i would just move hosts its less hassle
  6. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Well, simply put, I think either the support guy doesn't know what's he talking about, or their hosting infrastructure isn't capable of serving a large number of customers, running multiple websites and scripts..
  7. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    I'll move all my sites to another provider (in fact right now i'm backing all data stored on my client's account and all files, scripts, even DBs... the problem is contact them asking for changing nameservers to new provider...

8. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    That's a good move there. Better take all your files and DBs and host them somewhere where people are more willing to help and have a better infrastructure, which can cope with the amount of sites that are being uploaded on their servers. And I don't see why there should be a problem with the old hosting company to change your nameservers, if this is your request. They are [theoretically] obliged to help you..
  9. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Dude nameservers must be changed into the registrar account for the domain (you must point the domain name to the new servers) and i haven't access to all registrar from my clients. Just some of them registered their domains with me...so it will take a bit. Once i moved all content to new servers and all is safe i'll update this thread with the name and the URL of my stupid provider, also i'll attach some screenshoots...Doing this newbies will be safe from them and adviced what kind of support is givven there.

10. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Yes, I know what a nameserver change means and as you've said, it might take a while till you complete it successfully. But once you're done, you should feel lot better than now ;) And btw, we're looking forward to seeing the name of the hosting company who've created you this problems, so we can avoid it and advise others to do so, too :)
  11. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Sorry dude (i know you know what nameservers are) i don't want offense you so sorry if i posted a mistake, is just i'm really angry right now (i'll be here downloading for hours and hours...
  12. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    No problem buddy. No offense taken, really. Be cool, you haven't posted any mistakes. I know how you're feeling right now ( I'd feel the same ), so it's normal to be upset or angry. Just let it all out ;)