In your opinion..

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Midwest, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    ..buying a certain number of visitors at a certain price ( for example: buying 10,000 visitors for 20 bucks ), is worth the investment and the effort? I don't know what you guys think, but here's my own opinion: it doesn't. As simple as that..Not to mention that most of this so called traffic brokers are purely scammers ( yes, I know that, because I've been had once, about an year ago ).
  2. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    They are both scammers... It's a wrong move bud and I'm not use to it because I think it's some sort of cheating as well. But now it's over and thanks for sharing that story to be more aware of scammers.
  3. BuxP Not Active

BuxP
    It depends who you buy from & what kind of traffic it is

Most people I sell traffic to are very pleased.
    BuxP,
  4. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    You're welcome. But let's not forget that, just like in any other online or offline business, there are good guys ( in this case, honest traffic brokers, who are delivering you the visitors you bought ) and bad guys ( in this case, traffic brokers who aren't rising up to your expectations ), in the traffic selling business, too.
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Yep, that is correct. As I've mentioned above, there are good guys and bad guys in this business, too. You just have to take some time and analyze their offers/services and see which you might choose. And I have no doubt that you're one of the good guys ;)
  6. Alan Qdoos Contributor

Alan
    Whats the real purpose of buying traffic? Isn't organic relevant traffic better than traffic bought from any source?

In many cases isnt traffic bought simply to make a site look more popular than it acually is?
    Alan,
  7. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Just like you Alan, I too would choose organic relevant traffic, over the one bought from a certain source, any time, as it is lot more valuable..and it's a thing all webmasters are looking for. And yes, I guess that when someone is buying traffic, is doing it to make his site to look more popular than it really is..This is the main reason why I have started this thread: to see what you guys think, related to this matter, anyway :)
  8. BuxP Not Active

BuxP
    By making the site look more popular then it is, in most ways it will become more popular itself. Sites that show activity (fake or real) attract activity.
    BuxP,
  9. Alan Qdoos Contributor

Alan
    If the webmaster was a salesman this would be misselling their product, making claims which mislead.
    Alan,
  10. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Yeah, and we all know we don't actually like to see or hear that, when it comes about buying a product or service..
  11. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    If you are buying the relevant traffic, then it's worthful otherwise totally worthless.
    mit,