Is AVG AntiVirus still popular?

Discussion in 'IT Discussions' started by gkd_uk, May 16, 2008.

1. gkd_uk Qdoos Contributor

gkd_uk
    Hi

Do you use AVG AntiVirus?
  2. MoneyMan Not Active

MoneyMan
    Ive never trusted it, as ive seen on another forums today the old saying "you get what you pay for" springs to mind ! I know Riverwire Uses Nod32 as ive seen his posts on DP and i have to agree that its the best ive come across, thanks Riv :D
  3. vicdigi Qdoos Contributor

vicdigi
    There was once upon a time all the rage about AVG but nowadays it is rarely ever heard of.
    I use McAfee to protect my computers and Laptops and have always been very pleased this software.
  4. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    I still use AVG and never have any issues. I could never stand McAfee or Norton. They use too many proccesses and a lot more memory than AVG. Or at least that was years ago, maybe they arebetter now.
  5. Harrier19 Not Active

Harrier19
    I'm using AVG Free. I've deleted Avira and Norton as they make my computer like a moving snail.
  6. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i dont understand why some dont like avg - sure some trojans you cant get rid of but its the same with all the softwares, just to a system restore to kill the tought ones
  7. alec11 Not Active

alec11
    i'm using avg, and my friends using AVG too, it's because AVG is free to use.
    AVG free edition sometimes can't delete virus, so i'll use AVG with another software to delete that virus.
  8. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, i would much prefer to have to do the occasional system restore using avg than pay a lot for another software that might not be able to get it either anyway