By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

is it beta to manual back links from competitors or find high pa and da sites ?

GameOver

GameOver

Hiya all

I have completed my on page SEO and now looking to do backlinks and was wondering if its best to do competition backlinks first or find high pa/da pages.

thanks

laurenhayward

laurenhayward

Yes, you should do competitors backlink research first and then if you find those backlinks are worth to link your website or services, try to place your link there.

Jennifer Neon

Jennifer Neon

Established Memeber
Yes, I concur with @laurenhayward. But to what you have said I will also like to add some points to develop a successful strategy for building a thriving backlinking campaign.
Some key points are:
- Discover the keywords you already rank for:
Find keywords you already rank and keep them as your prime focus. At first, it may look to you that I'm talking to you because keywords are by and large considered a part of On-Page SEO.
The reason for this revolves around the following points -
1. Ranking on the SERPs without backlinks just on the basis of relevant keywords is the biggest achievement you can have attained.
2. If you offer valuable and quality content in front of the Search Engines you eventually receive high-quality backlinks from good websites.
3. As you have earlier mentioned earlier about
competition backlinks
yes this is a necessary thing to do. But after that, you should do further research on your rivals as that will you understand and clear the following questions:
What keywords are they using that is helping them to seek a better rank?
What is their meta information?
What is the difference between your content and their content?
4. Go for guest posting. Try to approach pages that have good authority and accept content from authors. This will help you to gain some quality backlinks from trusted sites.

Thank you :)

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: