Is it better to just have one keyword than lots?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hitman, May 27, 2008.

1. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    The reason i ask is that i always see people using about 10 keywords, i just have the term SEO blog.Will this make it easier for me to get ranked for that term because i dont have any other keywords?Also does anyone know if i get to number one how much i could expect to earn?

currently im at about page 10 for the term :mad:
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    It will actually most likly make things worse for you if you keep using one keyword, remember google likes natural linking and the likelyness of people natural linking to your site with the same anchor text is very slim. I normally have 4 or 5 at one time but even that isnt enough, I think i read somewhere that sites have been punished by google for over optimizing one keyword
  3. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    oh thanks, i better start mixing in a few more keywords from now on, i sure hope if i do get first page for seo blog it starts raking in $$$
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    lol you got some big competition for that keyword mate, im sure that it would bring in a good sum of money for you
  5. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    well, last time i searched i was page 9, no idea where its dissappeared to at the moment