Keywords/meta description related question

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Midwest, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I was thinking the other days at the following thing: how long should a meta description be? And how many keywords should be inserted in a blogs' or sites' template code? I've heard that too many KWs and a very long meta description aren't actually recommended. So you guys have any ideas about this issue? :)
  2. Tom@S Not Active

Tom@S
    meta description can be long as you wish but in SE show only blablabl blabla..... and three dots
    about kw in content or in title or where?
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I read somewhere that it doesnt matter how long it is but google will only read the first 20 words or something like that, so you need to get your keywords in them first 20 words. I would say 3 is the most keywords you really want to use and make sure they make sense in a good sentence too .
  4. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I was talking about the keywords you put in your blogs'/websites' template code, in the "keywords" tag :)
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I understand. So basically, you have to think at an optimum meta description and keywords, before inserting them in your template's code, am I right? :)
  6. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    actually, your description tag should not be too long...although there is no limit yet...but it should be concise and simple but interesting which can give you more clicks.

Buy, Discounts, Gifts, Free are some of the keywords which really helps in search engines.
    mit,
  7. lycos New Member

lycos
    There's no general consensus as to how many there should be. Usually for me, I'll use 6 keywords the most while I try to keep the description as short as possible (less than 10 words) utilizing some of the keywords which I use earlier.
  8. anshukr06 Qdoos Contributor

anshukr06
    Hi,
    Meta description should be 140 correctors and Meta keyword should be 63 correctors.
  9. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Thanks for the answers, guys. Now I know how to set the optimum length of the meta description ;)