Keywords.......waste of time!

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by midlandi, Aug 8, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Keywords.......waste of time!

No point to them at all.

Disagree?

Ok, verse your view here. Well versed answers get repped.
  2. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    i'm not really sure (i'm not any SEO guru and i follow some basics), but even if i know Google doesn't cares about Keywords nor META description i think that minor search engines uses them... so i still declare and set keywords for those small engines... (at the end keywords are free so isn't a hurt if up on a site)...

3. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I know the the webmasters were abusing the keywords, but why don't we give them a try ? They still useful and exactly for me they are sending me a good traffic from search engines recently! At least you do keywords spamming (I don't recommend that whatsoever) as the SEs will penalize the spammer's website for that.. Always do the white hat SEO and we will be fine!
  4. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    A quick off topic question to Iearn: are you tracking traffic from Search Engines?, i ask due i wish to know how to track traffic but not from Google nor Yahoo...i'm interested to track minor Search Engines... is that possible?.

Sorry again for going off topic.

5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Keywords not useful ? hmm massively disagree with anyone that says that, Keywords is SEO its the main part of SEO with out it my sites wouldnt get huge amounts of natural traffic and i wouldnt ranks for nearly as many premium keywords in search engines, it would be a world from which long tail keywords would be the only thing bringing in natural traffic.
  6. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    But i think (may be i'm wrong) Google isn't taking Keywords as before...

7. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    yeah google still uses keywords along with otherthings

if i didnt use the anchor text "tottenham forum" or "spurs forum" then my tottenham site wouldnt rank for them words and the natural traffic i get from these would be gone, SEO is all about optimizing your site , keywords and anchor text is apart of that process

Now it all depends what kind of keywords you are talking about , weather its keywords in the meta tags, keywords on page or through anchor text , I think you can still rank if you miss out the meta and onpage but without anchor text you are going to find it hard to rank for anything
  8. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Sorry River, wich "Anchor Text" are you talking about?, where are them?, are you talking about "alt" attrib on images and H1, H2, H3, labels???.
  9. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Anchor text is the text that you use in links to your site like the ones in my sig, sorry i probably havent explained things well in this thread, im extremely hungova from last night :worried:
  10. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Ohhh ok, you are talking about external link with anchor text (as those links we insert into articles for submitting to article's directories as example... ok, but i was talking about Keywords into the site itself :laugh:...BTW: what's the meanning of "hungova"?, this word is new to me :biglaugh:

11. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    lol hungova = drank to much beer last night :laugh:
  12. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    You drunk too much last night...AND I'M DRINKING TOO MUCH RIGHT NOW :wink:, i'm alone at office finishing some tasks and i'm drinking all !

13. seovb New Member

seovb
    Always, always use meta description and keywords on your pages. It takes seconds and not doing it is just sheer laziness and it does help some bots more than others.