Linux Commands?

Discussion in 'Linux Discussion' started by Sarah C, May 4, 2008.

1. Sarah C Guest

Sarah C
    What chmod command would you use to impose the following permissions?

a) On a directory such that the owner would have read, write and execute permissions; and others would only have read permission.
    b) On a file such that the owner would have read and write; the group would have no permissions; and others would only have write.
    c) On a file such that the owner would have write; the group would have read, write, and execute; and others would have read and write.
    d) On a file such that the owner would have read and execute; the group would have read, write, and execute; and others would have execute.
    e) On a directory such that the owner would have execute; the group would have read and write; and others would have no permissions.
    f) On a directory such that the owner would have write; the group would have read, write, and execute; and others would have read, write, and execute.
    i'm some what new to Linux and i need to know EXACT lines to type for each one.
  2. Similar Threads: Linux Commands
    Forum Title Date
    Linux Discussion Can i use the ubuntu linux commands on windows XP? Sep 11, 2008
    Linux Discussion How do I run multiple commands on a Unix/Linux system without a GUI? Jul 3, 2008
    Linux Discussion Any links to get demos of running Linux commands using Terminal!? Jun 11, 2008
    Linux Discussion Linux commands? May 7, 2008
    Linux Discussion Linux commands - need a reminder? May 5, 2008
    Linux Discussion Linux Commands? May 5, 2008
    Linux Discussion Linux Commands? May 5, 2008
    Linux Discussion LInux commands? May 5, 2008
    Linux Discussion linux commands? May 5, 2008
    Linux Discussion linux commands help? May 4, 2008

3. hot7wheels Guest

hot7wheels
    hey man are you taking a test? Go find it your self chmod and chown for permissions
  4. Carling Guest

Carling
    you don't say what version of Linux you're using
    The best place to find out all the things you need to know is go to the user groups and forum for the version of linux you have

so do a web search for (ubuntu) linux+user groups+forums

check out the links below