Long Tail Keywords.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by midlandi, Sep 4, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Anyone here utalising "Long Tail" Keywords?

Any tips or advice on them?
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Long tail keywords are great, i often find that if you start with optimizing with long tails, it looks more natural to the search engines, then slowly the main keywords start to come in stronger than normal.

This is what i did with my Tottenham forum

Now its number 1 in google for well over 30 main keywords and a shed load of long tails.

If you can find a long tail with good traffic and low competition you'll strike gold
  3. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    Just be natural on using long tail keywords. It is very effective if you are using it natural and not like you are inserting 3 keywords but i doesn't have any sense and makes it a keyword stuffing for some SEO Professionals.
  4. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    People can search anything on search engine, usually they don't know what is long tail and one word or a phrase to search.

So, manytimes, there are many long tail keywords which have been searched to get a good information..and if you can include these long tail keywords in your site, would be great to get that traffic also.
    mit,
  5. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    I agree with you. People using search engine don't know about long tail keywords and search for what they have in their mind. For you to manage a good long tail keyword, you must research a bit of what users "type in" and that's a better chance to have traffic on your site.
  6. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit

We should have to loose traffic..and sometimes long tail keywords can also give good traffic.
    mit,
  7. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    Let me correct you MIT, "better chance to have traffic!". But sometimes it can hurt you a lot when you are using it for "keyword stuffing".
  8. keller Not Active

keller
    Thanks m8 for helping me!
  9. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    No problem. We're glad to help other people especially SEO beginners to know basics on SEO. Keep posting.
  10. Hafsoh Qdoos Contributor

Hafsoh
    Long tail keywords brings only small traffic, but its less competitive so you can rank on the first page of Google for long tail keywords far easier than ranking for short tail keywords. Then the visitors searching for long tail keywords know exactly what they want, they convert amazingly well to sales and ad clicks.
  11. vks87 Qdoos Contributor

vks87
    Look at this:
    wordtracker.com/academy/three-good-reasons-to-target--tail-keywords]long-tail keywords
  12. Veena New Member

Veena
    long tail keywords are keywords or key phrases that are more specific – and usually longer – than more commonly searched for keywords. Long tail keywords get less search traffic, but will usually have a higher conversion value, as they are more specific.

This is the reason why i use long keywords.

OHSAS 18001 certification in Bangalore
  13. samuelroy New Member

samuelroy
    long tile keywords are longer than normal keywords. this keywords are useful for a better explanation about business to customers through using this long tiles we can get more traffic for website.
  14. RH-Calvin Qdoos Contributor

RH-Calvin
    Long tail keywords are usually keyword phrases that have relatively less number of searches. These keywords are often used to rank your website faster in search engines.