Mobile Forums

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Fuzzer, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    interesting thought by someone in another one of my forums today, Forum for mobiles. I.e a very slim and cut down version of VB and a lite skin. You might say that "ive got rss to view forums" but that wont allow you too reply to threads and PM's.

So the way to go about it ? the idea this chap has will work, create a subdomain, install vb and use the same database settings, create new skin ideal for mobiles and block all search engines from accessing it ( if you dont you might get pulled for duplicate content )

What do you think ? i think this will only work for some niche's and sites but over all for someone who wants to use the forum on their phone its a good idea
  2. Similar Threads: Mobile Forums
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat TriPHP Forums lost its Pagerank like my sites lost! Sep 15, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Are there too many Webmaster Forums? Sep 4, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat DigitalPoint Forums Going Down and Down and Deep!!! PROOF INSIDE! Aug 10, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Some "bigger" Forums loosing Traffic. Aug 3, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Forums with huge amounts of visitors - Fake ? Jul 16, 2008

3. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Not many use Mobiles to access Internet!
    Some people might use them, but.. only for the emergency purposes!

Just think.... 'How many people are using 'AdSense for Mobile?' ... may be 1% or 2% ... I am also using them... but... I don't get a single click (I get about 10 impressions per day, though) !
    Asad,
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    i think you are under estimating how many people use there mobiles for internet mate, i know in the UK and US people use them more than their PC's when they are bored at work or in bed etc, As i said it will only work with some niche's etc. it would be pointless for webmaster related sites but other one it could be massive
  5. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Hmmm.... I think you should try a forum or site with 'mobile' niche itself as many people search for ringtones, mp3 and pics on their mobiles! :rolleyes1:
    Asad,
  6. merliajoseph Not Active

merliajoseph
    Ya offcourse me too using net in mobile, feel very happy and useful i can use it whenever i want not in the case of laptop.