Review My New Blog

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by Fuzzer, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Ok guys go easy this is the first time ive played with word press tell me what you think, anything i could change ? anything i could improve ?

Webmaster Blog
    Midwest likes this.
  2. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
  3. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I didnt write them no lol i cheated and got some one else to write them :rolleyes1: to start the blog off.

I actually quite like the current theme, it allows me to customise everything i need and its easy on the eye.
  4. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    lol finally you got a blog, yes finally :D Well I see you already made some articles, are they all unique ?
    And I see you already put adsense spots, I'd tell you to take off the top spot in the header, because it's bigger than the design and it gives a bad look.. & need to validate your XHTML & CSS and everything would be allright :)
  5. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i like it :p, dpending on how many posts you allow on homepage you might want to add more tags to posts so that pages arent too long, i use more tags on my blog
  6. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    lol yes finally i actually quite like wordpress now, yes i was thinking i could put something in the header that would fit (maybe a direct advert) im not too fussed about the xhtml and Css validation quite yet as all i wanted was to get something online, it will be sorted eventually, and yes the articles are completly unique i dont use duplicate content as its bad news for seo
  7. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well... the domain has PR3. I guess, it had PR4 when you showed it off in some other threaf. However, coming to the point.. You have a great design, a great blog. But, the ad unit isn't perfect at the top right!
    Asad,
  8. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Nope this domain hasnt been a PR4 for at least 6 months, im hoping now the blog is there it will get a PR4 back next update
  9. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I think it's the same domain name you were asking what to do with it, but the domain name doesn't fit the content that much I guess..
  10. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    yeah thats the one ;) i know it isnt idea for the content but the plans i have for it wont really matter im not even bothered if it gets readers or not, its my little experiment :)
  11. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    So what's the point from your blog then ? This is a weird idea.. Btw the forum recent post plugin is it a custom plugin or free one, if it's free please send it to me through PM :)
  12. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Its not a plug in its a peace of java script that sits on the side bar, it keeps giving me problems at the moment but as soon as i know that its 100 % ok then you can have a copy
  13. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Ok thanks in advance, drop me a PM once it's working fine..
  14. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    WP-SpamFree: A Powerful Anti-Spam Plugin for WordPress! | WebGeek
    dont forget to use that mod -look at my homepage over 1000 spam blocked with it

and you will be able to remove that box i have on my hompeage with the number of spam blocked ,just remove its coding or something, my partner was gonna remove the box but hasnt got round to it
  15. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I dont think ill need it to be honest the comment spam thing im using does a really good just so far i havent had anything at all :)