SEO Question about page names and possible google penalty?

Discussion in 'Google' started by bigmark1972, Apr 5, 2008.

1. bigmark1972 Guest

bigmark1972
    I recently re-names a few pages in my website www.HeritageTubeCutting.com to hopefully help with my SEO a bit. Example I changed my clients.htm page to Tube-Cutting-Service.htm (a keyword). I left my other pages on my server, they are identical but can not be reached from within the site unless one were to follow the sitemap hyperlink in my index page.

My question is this;

These older unused pages are still on my server and listed by my sitemap. Since they are in my sitemap I assume google will crawl them unless I tell them not to or eliminate them from my sitemap. Can this help me by giving my site the appearance of more content, or will they penalize me or assume I am up to some black hat trickery?

Help appreciated.

Thanks

2. legendary11 Not Active

legendary11
    your best to use keywords relevent to the content in the page and then use those keywords in the secription, for example if your key word was articles for students then as your title have, say Funny things at univeristy then in your description type: Articles for students: Funny things at university a guide to all those things that will keep you enertained during your college years, duplicate titles can make searching more confusing for people.