Sitewide links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MoneyMan, May 22, 2008.

1. MoneyMan Not Active

MoneyMan
    Is it better to try and get sitewide links rather than a link on one page ? I heard that google only counts something like 30 links from one domain is that true ?
  2. Similar Threads: Sitewide links
    Forum Title Date
    Search Engine Optimization Is Directory submission is helpful to increase more backlinks? Aug 17, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which is the best way to improve quality backlinks for the site? Aug 9, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which are the most effective ways to get more backlinks? Jul 10, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which is the best way to get more links to the website? Jun 5, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Which are the best SEO tools to check the backlinks? May 26, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization How to improve more backlinks for the site? May 25, 2017
    Search Engine Optimization Find Websites to make Backlinks? May 19, 2015
    Search Engine Optimization Broken Links in Google Site Dec 12, 2008
    Search Engine Optimization 5 Ways of Building One Way Backlinks! Sep 29, 2008
    Search Engine Optimization Backlinks for your inner pages Sep 10, 2008

3. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    Nope, not true. I have all my sites linking back to each other and one of them has over 2000 pages and about 500 of them are counted towards the others. Google never seems to give credit for all of them, and it changes every day.
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    yeah i agree with Gorkfu to some extent, google does give some credit for all sitewide links but i dont think it has as much value, i would say sitewide links have a big say in PR too.
  5. Bagi Zolt New Member

Bagi Zolt
    Nowadays i belive that most of the cases sitewide links need to be omitted from my webmaster armour, since it does not have huge positive effect, and i would say that i regularly recognise ranking drop shortly a sitewide link come live, despite of the incoming PR.