Some suggestions pls

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by masterweb, Jul 7, 2008.

1. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Ok, i need some suggestions from the Qdoos's community:

I'm running a forum (simmilar to Qdoos so i will no spam here posting the url) but i need some fresh ideas to attract more members and get a better traffic. Into the board i'm running a free link directory (merged into the Vbulletin script), a "download scetion" (not available for warez or illegal content) free to all members, i run monthly contests, also i offer the chance to own a subdirectory with a WP blog into it (as example: yourblog.myforum.net), also i promote on the forum some freebies (mine and not)...so what you think i should add to increase registrations of new members and gain more activity?

Any constructive suggestion is welcome.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Do some SEO work will be enough ? Try to make new posting contests, promote it in Money making forums (About the contests), buy some links...
  3. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Already done :v_SPIN:, i sponsored tons of WP themes (to gain backlinks), sent the url to about 500 link directories (i paid this service), also as my forum is Vbulletin based i installed the VbSEO advanced script, and also i promoted it on another forums...i'm becoming crazy thinking the next step to gain more traffic/ members...:goofy:

4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Ah i would tell you some secrets.... but there isnt any lol, just keep doing what you are doing it will come be creative :cute:
  5. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Well I don't see your forum in the most known money making forums.. I'll try to promote it, just PM me some details about your contests.. Running ones, future projects...

And I'll try to put my referral link so I see my job's results :)

Also you have to know that free forums doesn't grow in 1 day or 2 days.. Some takes about 1 year to get busy, just keep up the work, and never give up.
  6. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I didn't see this thread. Dude! I am the moderator of your forum and I post there only few time a day and I just keep an I on the members and all.

But, the first thing you should do to attract members is to remove that top SLIK AD which has the ad of templates. That is always interfering the activities. Instead, you can have a pop up, about 3 pop ups per day for one IP would be good.

The second thing is optional and its to change the template. See, how Qdoos os looking great and perfect. In the same way even you need one skin like this.

Hope, I have helped you!
    Asad,
  7. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Once the month the actual advertiser paid for ends i'll disable the corner peel add (before it i can't). Thanks for all your suggestions :cute:

8. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Oh! You're welcome. Its really great that you are getting paid for that peel away ad too.

I feel like I have to get one for myself!
    Asad,
  9. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I see you got more advertisers these days.. Including me lol, well you're selling the spots for very cheap prices, and hope you success in selling all of them..
  10. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Thanks mate, i hope so too :wink:, also today i disabled the peel at top corner, made some header's changes and edited some features at Navbar and sidebar. So i would know your feedbacks!.

11. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    have a go at classified ads, buy a classified ads submitter, BUT you must read up a lot fo reviews as there are a lot of crap ones that dont work
  12. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Now, its really great. I like that as its really fast too. The removal of that peel away ad has done all the magic.... Good work!
    Asad,
  13. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Thanks Asad, i have a question: i saw "...BUT you must read up a lot fo reviews as there are a lot of crap ones that dont work...", well tell me another thing that doen't work and i'll fix it :err:

14. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Dude! The first thing I want you to do is change the skin and make it perfect. Just keep on side bar either the left or the right. Change the skin and make is a true looking one like Qdoos(well... qdoos skin was designed by minerzskin and the same was yours)...
    Asad,
  15. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    That's not a fixing task :laugh:, that's an update (and i'm plannig it at August when i'll upgrade to lastest Vb version). Now i need to know features, sections that doesn't work...errors and so on.

16. subxpert Qdoos Contributor

subxpert
    How about promoting your forums at some social networking sites. I have done this and it did an impressive result to my forum.
  17. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    I'm using myspace but how can i improve the use of social networks?, pls post here more info and a step by step guide :smug:
  18. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Ok, after so many times members asked me for changing the Skin and upgrading the Vbulletin's script finally the job is done!. That's right, a new skin and the last 3.7.2 version are now up and running there, so pls go ahead and post here all your feedacks :wink:. Thanks for all your previous suggestions.

Thanks again.-
  19. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I like it much cleaner and easier to navigate well done masterweb :yes:
  20. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Thanks River, but you have no idea how many problems faced during the upgrade with the Vba link directory, the download section and all other hacks installed there :mad1::mad1: