Too many backlinks too fast?

Discussion in 'Google' started by midlandi, Aug 3, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    As far as I am aware too many backlinks too fast is pretty much a bad thing as far as the big G goes.
    But what is considered too many too fast?

2. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i recognise this post..

yeah i too am interested in the answer, like how a site can have 13 mil backlinks without getting penalised
  3. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Well yeah, I'd be interested to find the answer to this question too. But from what I've heard, the ideal number of backlinks would be like 20-50/week, without being considered too fast and too much..
  4. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
  5. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Must be more than that as I test each site I add at submitterbot with its own link so thats almost 600 in under one month plus all the forum and other links.
    Though the big G isnt yet showing them all?
  6. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Don't know what to say here..The estimate I made was based on what I've heard strictly. So, if anyone knows better, please tell us :)
  7. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    So if google updates the backilinks every couple months why does it effect you right away if you get too many? I have one site which was #4 and I got one more backlink using link:website.com and my site disappeared ended up being some where around 100 now I have done nothing and it wont go under #40 even though my competition has 1/4 of the backlinks and sits #1

This whole thing with google confuses me
  8. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    LOL....you and millions of others!!!
  9. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    As far as the big G goes i dont think it matters as long as everything looks natural, with lots of different anchor texts etc, remember link exchanges are all considered bad just like selling links, I think Qdoos is suffering a little bit with this at the moment , its dancing like there is no tomorrow, traffic has dropped only slightly, but for all keywords that we were ranked in the top 7 for we are there one min then we dropped completly then back to page 4 then back on page one again , its been happening since the PR update so im think i over done it with the seo.

Its ok it will sort its self out and i will carry on what ive been doing, My spurs forum done the same in the early days and now that ranks better than any other spurs supporters sites on the net
  10. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    haha :D

I see submitterbot is doing really well, i think it will even take over your forum too, if it keeps growing

yeah, guys, i can get myself 5-10k backlinks in a week( could get 50k if i worked non stop) they are all the same type though, i was thinking to hell with it, if i get sanboxed(if its real) im still gonna have traffic from other search engines, and google will like me again soon enough, so why bother with 50 backlinks a week, spending spo much time to make them look natural
  11. TVDinner Not Active

TVDinner
    There are many successful directories that have WAY WAY more then that. I think the number is probably substantially higher to be flagged as any type of a problem.
  12. seovb New Member

seovb
    you can get 109348 backlinks all in one day if you want.

The problem is they have to be natural looking, (ie in articles, from other niche sites) and not spammy and from crap sites.
  13. delaserna Not Active

delaserna
    If you get to many backlink in short time, chance to be temporary sandbox is about 50%
  14. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Exactly what i think