Unlimited Email Relays ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Fuzzer, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Ive got a problem, my hosting service only allows 2000 emails to be sent from the domain its hosting, ive heard you can configure Gmail to send unlimited emails and pretend its from one of your domains ? How can i do this ?

Example : qdoos.com has (pretend) 7000 members, i need to send a news letter to them all, my host will only send 2000 how do i get around this ?
  2. Similar Threads: Unlimited Email
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat How many email you have? Jun 14, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Catch all email ? May 30, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Phishing emails (adwords this time) May 23, 2008

3. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    why does it have to be from your domain? so they know its not jsut another member spamming?

an i dunno how to do it
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Well if i was to send a news letter about qdoos from say my tottenham site then it wouldnt look too professional, if it was to come from the site its aimed at then it would.

I could solve the problem now by purchasing more relays from my host but i dont want to do that when i know there are other options out there for free
  5. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Hmm.. You Mean They Only Allow You To Send 2000 Emails At Once ? Or 2000 Emails Then You Can't Send Any ?
  6. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    They only allow 2000 per 24 hours then it starts again :( so if i want to send to a big member base though vbulletin the emails stop after its sent to 2000 people
  7. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I See You Didn't Got 2000+ Members In The Forum :D Anyways This Seems A Bad Thing In Your Hosting.. You May Try A Mailer Script And Send It To Thousands Of People, But I Don't Recomend You To Upload It On Your Website Because It May Bombard The Server :D
  8. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    lol no but i have on other sites, it is bad on my hosts behalf but apart from that they are good.
  9. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Beside Your Website Will Be Down Because It Will Bombard The Server :D The Hostings Doesn't Allow Them Because They Flood On Their Server And Cause Them Troubles.. Hackers Always Upload Them On Enemies Websites :D
  10. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yeah i can remember years back people could use what they called a "bomb"

which basicly kept sending mails until the server ran out of memory and then once that happened it sent the server into a boot crash lol
  11. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    It's Kinda DDOS Attacks But In A Different Way.. But It Depends On The Server Quality, Some Servers Are So Strong And Specialy Lunarpages! I Guess You Made The Best Choice To Recomend It!
    I Already Tried To Shut Down A Server By The Flood And It's Successed, But I Tried To Do Such A Thing With A Website Hosted By Lunarpages And I Failed.. I Had To Do More Efforts, they Have A Strong Security!