URL Structure

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mit, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    Search engine spiders are smart, but why make it more difficult for them to find you if you can make it easier?

So, using simple static url?s that are descriptive of your website will help you rank better. Try to use your targeted keywords in URLs for the web page, but not too much...then it will look spammy.
    mit,
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yeah its an interesting thing with static URL's, Spiders are getting more cleaver every day and dont have to much trouble any more about crawling dinamic sites, but its still not perfect, as mit say's make it easier for them.
  3. Tom@S Not Active

Tom@S
    nice ulrs dont have big value at this time
  4. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    Now i agree with you. Try to insert your keywords on your URL. Don't try keyword stuffing, not recommendable because it's a black hat method.
  5. Alan Qdoos Contributor

Alan
    I've noticed that pages I have with dynamic content/urls are being indexed, some even quicker than the static ones. Spiders are certainly becoming much smarter.
    Alan,
  6. sojic Not Active

sojic
    Keyword in URL is very important. It is easy for humans to remember (domain.com/url-structure instead domain.com/index.php?post=10 for example).

Because it is more "structured" and easy to remember, google (and others) give high priority to url keywords.