What Brand Laptop do you prefer ?

Discussion in 'IT Discussions' started by Fuzzer, May 26, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Im a massive fan of the Sony vaio range and would recommend them to anyone, of course you have to get rid of the bloated software that Sony fill their machines with but after that is gone i cant find a better machine.

I go for the deluxe models however ! haven't had the cheaper range before but i wouldn't think they would be that much different ?
  2. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    Well I have always been prefering Dell and I will always prefer Dell in the near future. I have got a Dell Laptop and I can tell you that I have never had a problem with it. Dell Laptops are the most reliable. Other laptops just break down in an year or two. I have been using Dell laptops for the past 3 years and I have never got a problem with it.
  3. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    I don't like paying for overpriced brands. Dell is really over priced. I use a Toshiba laptop, it's only 3 months old now. It works just as good as any other.
  4. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    Well I can tell you that it's working fine with you for now because it has been only 3 months. After an year or so, it will break down.
  5. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i dont really know, this is my first laptop

its a fujitsu - got it cos it was cheap(£300) reduced from 400 so a very good deal - i only needed a bog standard laptop
  6. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    Lol. I've never had laptops break down... I'm not saying the possibility isn't there. They only break down if you don't get a decent cooling station. Heat is a laptops worst enemy. Plus I rarely use it. Like once a week, so if it did break down it would really suck. I build my own home computers, and all laptops are pretty much the same... I've built a laptop before, it's just too much of a hassle to do it these days.
  7. vicdigi Qdoos Contributor

vicdigi
    I have never really been too much into laptops really but would love a big juicy Apple Mac one.
  8. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    cooling station?do my knees count as a cooling station?I think i really prefer desktops instead of crouched over at a laptop, but i like it being in my own room
  9. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    The worst thing with the laptops is that if you keep it on bedsheet or a cloth and play on it for long time then it will get pretty much hot. :(
  10. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, i left mine on my bed for 10 minutes and it was red hot - learnt not to do that again :)
  11. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    And uhhh. I kept the charger of the laptop on the sofa for an hour or so. And when I touched, it was steamed. :p
  12. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    lucky it wasn't there longer! You would think after spending ages developing smaller laptops, somebody would think to put a fan in the adaptor!!
  13. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    Yea I prefer desktops also. I only bought the laptop for work and traveling. Those new micro laptops are ridiculous in my opinion. Well at least for people with big hands like me, lol.
  14. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, micro laptops, definately not for me.Im the same with consoles, love consoles but hate handheld consoles, hate looking down at the screen
  15. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    I myself don't mind looking down at a screen. Those screens are just too bloody small! LOL The iPhone has the nicest small screen I've ever seen though.
  16. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    ahh - phones i find different - they have a use in being small - if they were too big to carry it would just be a landline!
  17. Footzilla Not Active

Footzilla
    I find it pretty easy to surf net on psp but the problem is that it can't run flash sites on it. :(
  18. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i have the wii and play online on games - but i didnt buy the actual internet channel for $5, does anyone know if its exactly the same as the internet, also it would take forever so type stuff with th e wii remots as a keyboard pointer?
  19. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I dont believe it ! while waiting for my sony to be repeared/replaced the heap of poo that im using has given up the ghost aswell ! guess ill be take a ride to the shops tomorrow to get a new one after all, cant do anything with out a laptop :mad:
  20. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    you see, a thing called desktops were invented before a laptop

i cant believe i only just figured it out

they are called desktops cos they go on desks, and laptops cos they go on laps-cant belive i never realise