What CMS Do you use ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Fuzzer, May 23, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    There are plenty out there with the big hitters being Wordpress, joomla, drupal etc. What do you use and why ?

Im a massive fan of joomla, infact most of my sites are based on it.

Joomla has one of the best support and plugin databases which i personally think is on par if not better than wordpress, i had a short time with wordpress but just couldnt get what i wanted, id admit i didnt give word press a fare trial and am tempted to go and have another play.
  2. Gorkfu Qdoos Contributor

Gorkfu
    First off, both Joomla and WordPress were created for 2 entirely different things. I know some people use WordPress as a CMS solution but it really wasn't intended for that.

I used Mambo/Joomla in the past until it got really annoying. I ended up just doing all my sites from scratch and making my own content management solution. It's a lot more rewarding.

I use WordPress for my main blog. It was a great choice, getting more traffic ever since I started the blog.
  3. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well, Me too, Even I use Joomla And Wordpress. I am a huge fan of Wordpress and I just like to change the template all the time. lol :p . When it comes to the plugins, I say, an average site would hardly require 3 plugins. They will be mostly the same like AdSense plug in etc...

So, I am totally satisfied with both Joomla and WordPress.
    Asad,