What does the value of $50 do for you ?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Fuzzer, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Now we all know that in different countries the value of money is very different, lets say $50, what does that mean to you ? is it alot of money that could give you a wage for the week ? or month ?

Being in the UK i dont see that $50 is much at all but im interested to see what people say in other countries

:NERD:

2. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Well in Morocco it doesn't mean lots.. It could wage a week, but it won't make you that happy, to be free and be happy in the week, you need about $100 it's way enough!
  3. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I am in India and for us 50$ --> Rs. 2,020 (approx) 1 US $ = 42 Rupees.

So, in India, there are lots and lots of people who are living for 50$ per month. This is not perfect salary. But, if you want to live a normal and average life. 150$ per month is more than enough. Our standard of living is really down. The rich is getting more and more rich and the poor is becoming still more poorer.

We also have the problem of population. You will find loads of people if you go around the city. Only my city, Hyderabad, has the population more than 16 Million.

So... 50$ is a lot for the Indians... but... for me, Its just like how you feel...
    Asad,
  4. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    well,being in england, i would need $100 a day to live comfortably!
  5. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I wouldn't call that comfortable hitman , id say that $400 a day and a day is comfortable wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than $350 and thats pushing it
  6. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    really? thats like ?1400 a month, i thought that was good enough for one person, different if you have a family
  7. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I havent got a family but ?1400 a month wouldn't get me very far, but i suppose a single person with no bills and commitments that would be quite alot. give it a couple of years and you'll be thinking its not much lol
  8. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i guess my parents earn more than they tell me, lol
  9. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well... my father earns 1000$ per month and thats called 'Luxury' in India. However, the guys like you should come and settle in India and you can save loads and loads. You will need a truck to take that money :p
    Asad,
  10. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yeah, but i dont think id be welcome in your country!
  11. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Why not dude? Every one who has a visa of our country is welcome here. You can also take the citizen ship of India and they will approve it!
    Asad,
  12. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    its jsut i know a headteacher from my old school had a lot of racism thrown at her when she visited
  13. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well... did she come to India. However, she might have gone to some slum areas and the people who live in slum areas have a little bad behaviour towards Foreign Women. The next thing is, if you are from UK, then, people may not treat you in a good manner as the British ruled people India over 250 Years and made it sick by looting the resources of India.
    Asad,
  14. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i think we colonised a lot of countries and made them poor....oops..but if we didnt, the other countries would have taked ove rhere and done the same really
  15. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Yeah! Thats true! Even Japan tried to invade through out east when all the concentration was on the west, thats at the England side. But, only British were successful in making there place in India. But, they did in the wrong way dude! There were many colonies in India, more than some 52 and all of them were friendly. But, British's divide and rule policy killed them all. Even Pakistan was seperated from India because of that policy.

OMG!!!
    Asad,
  16. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    true, but i mean compare that,to people.people like hitler and stallin...the twin towers.. so many corrupt in the world.
    the british empire did exactly the same thing to ghana, trust me, if india had a big enough empire and army they would have done the same themselves
  17. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Okay! Whatever! Now, before RiverWire comes to scold us and Swear over us in his heart and mind, lets come back to the topic.

I have good value towards 50$ :tongue:
    Asad,
  18. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    lol yeah....

$50 will buy me my internet conenction for aa month and a bit
  19. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    And in India, 50$ will buy me about 200 Kilo Grams of Rice :tongue:
    Asad,
  20. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I see that's hard to live in england, actually I was planning to go there (london specially) and I think the life would cost me lots there.. However hope that I'll handle it in the future..