What is recursive in Linux/Unix?

Discussion in 'Linux Discussion' started by Jo C, May 30, 2008.

1. Jo C Not Active

Jo C
    I'm going through the Linux/Linuxgym and found myself wondering what recursive is as it keeps on popping up when I'm coding. What do you mean by 'recursive option'? What is recursive basically in Linux? What does it do? I always see seperate code for recursive and non-recursive one. :(

Thanks in advance and hope for quick reply. Cheers!
    Thank you for the link mick f. But can you give me more direct link. I've searched that link and all I saw was people USING recursive code to do their program. But I just want to know what recursive is or does when put in and when not put in.

Thanks in advance!
    Jo C,
  2. mick f Not Active

mick f
    go here---- found on google is to much info to write
  3. bnp666 Not Active

bnp666
    It means to travel down the directory hierarchy

It ie explore all the sub-directories from the directory you are currently in , or the one specified on the command line
  4. Peighegyege Not Active

Peighegyege
    Endearing terms

Bernie was invited to his friend's home for dinner. Morris, the host, preceded every request to his wife by endearing terms, calling her Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, etc. Bernie looked at Morris and remarked, "That is really nice, that after all these years that you have been married, and you keep calling your wife those pet names." Morris hung his head and whispered," To tell the truth, I forgot her name three years ago."----------------------------------Do you look for free wow gold? Welcome to our WoW gold website:1.WoW gold,2.WoW gold,
  5. Peighegyege Not Active

Peighegyege
    Poisonous snakes

A father and son snake are out for a nice afternoon slither. The son asks, "Dad,are we poisonous snakes?" The father replies proudly, "Yes son, we are rattler snakes! Why do you ask son?" "Because DAD, I just bit my tongue!!" ----------------------------------Do you look for free wow gold? Welcome to our WoW gold website:1.WoW gold,2.WoW gold,