What is the most popular Directory software?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by midlandi, Aug 1, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    What is the most popular Directory software?

I reckon it must be phpld.

Whats your view?
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yeah PhpLD i think due to the shear scale that its used on, esyndicat cant be far behind
  3. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Of course phpLD and i'll explain you why:

Is really user friendly: you can install, run and manage a directory of whatever dimesion or size on just some few steps, is really intuitive to manage and is fully supporte by developers and not only (just go around forums and you will see how many posts helps you step by step to install, maintain or even troubleshoot it).

Is fully customizable: finding a new skin or theme is far away from you as just 2 clicks...type into google "free phpLD templete" and you will receive millions of templates to choose for).

Is Fully automated: just some tasks a day and your directory works on autopilot fro you.

And so many other features i can't post here for time. Note: i'm not promoting this script, i'm not earning money from these guys but this script is really fantastic so is my pleasure to suggest it to any one looking for a good (or maybe the better) script for link directories).

4. elegion Not Active

elegion
    Phpld is a good script. However phpLB or the 'phpLinkBid Directory' has served to be an even better script towards making money online. Phplb can be found online as easily as phpld. There are even a plethora of both paid and free themes you can find online by doing a search on google or yahoo.

When I first started looking for niches online I started with a link bid directory structure because I found it was much easier to operate. I was able to really utilize every portion of the script and make money from this format. PHP LB allows your visitors to see screen shots of their sites or see the actual name and link to their site close to the top; which gives your visitors more flexibility and allows them to bid higher. Each bid depends on the last bid or its position, bids can go all the way up to $100.00 or more.

Link bidding gives your visitors an incentive to purchase. And just like what masterweb said , once your directory is started and is receiving good traffic it will run on auto pilot; allowing you to be away from your computer during the sale's process. Depending on your preferences both scripts have the option of either allowing you to automatically list your customer's orders, or letting you choose to self approve each order.

GETTING TRAFFIC:

Regardless of the type of directory you choose, building traffic will be your main objective, traffic is key. Employing the services of a manual hand submitted service team, who will manually submit your directory to 1,500 of the most relevant directory lists and search engines online including 35 of the Top pr3, pr4 , and pr5 directories is crucial.

For these type of services there's only one individual I trust and have worked with for the past few years in getting my sites indexed, and submitted, with feed back on what he's done, with a comprehensive list of all the places my sites were submitted to.This particular package which includes 1,500 directories and all the high PR sites, which will double your backlinks cost's me $350.00 for each site, but due to choosing the right niches like owning a link directory and other good niches, my ROI is higher.

If you feel there was not enough information stated, you're always welcome to pm for more info.
  5. Mr.Bill Qdoos Contributor

Mr.Bill
    I dont know of any other Directory scripts aside from the bidding ones so I like PHPLD
  6. temi New Member

temi
    Some bidding directory like LBS are gradually evolving into a regular directory script.
    temi,
  7. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    Yeah! it's the popular PhpLD, what else?
    mit,