what would you rather have?pr10 forever, or a numer one placement on google..

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by hitman, Jul 15, 2008.

1. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    what would you rather have?pr10 forever, or a number one placement on google for any keyword forever

and i just thought, imagine trying to get to number one for the keyword:website!
  2. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Well there is 1,720,000,000 results in google.co.uk for the keyword website lol

Its quite a hard one really because each choice could make you stupid amounts of money with out even trying but i suppose i would prefer the serps rather than PR
  3. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I'd prefer the number one placement on google, because I'm sure it would bring tons of traffic as you said for any keyword, the PR doesn't have that importance against traffic!
  4. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    yes, i would say the serps, as i was thinking already, i know a lot of webmasters that dont care about pr, so maybe in 5 years it will be pretty useless for selling links
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I'd definitely prefer a number one spot on Google's SERPs, than just a PR ( no matter how high this is ). And that because I don't really care much about PR..it's only a number that comes and goes..
  6. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Even the traffic comes and goes, you need to work harder to get traffic!
  7. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    You're right and I know that even traffic comes and goes, too. But I'd prefer to work harder to bring traffic to my site, than just to worry about Page Rank :)
  8. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I would ask for PR10 rather than SERPS coz I know that I will get a good position on SERPs when I get PR10. But, I can sell banners on PR10 site, each for 200$ and if I sell 10. They will make me 2000$. Thats really great!
    Asad,
  9. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    but if you sell a product asad, maybe you set up an ebook sites, i wonder how many you would sell if you were lsited number one for ebook or ebooks or soemthing
  10. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    I'm even interested in bringing traffic before the PR, once you have lots of traffic, then your website is like a machine which makes traffic for itself, for example DP doesn't have to promote its board to get more traffic!
  11. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    thats what i dont get, like google, dp wont stay number one forever, yet i dont understand how it would fall apart, maybe it gets a new owner and he changes the content or something?
  12. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Don't think so, Google isn't that site which someone will mess with, it's a company not like us, webmasters that work from home!
  13. Hafsoh Qdoos Contributor

Hafsoh
    I prefer No 1 placement, to hell with PR10.
  14. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    it doesnt matter how big a company, it will go down at some point eventually..

abromovich has all the money he nneds, yet chelsea are no longer undefeatable, didnt even win the premiership last season
  15. Iearn-Money Qdoos Contributor

Iearn-Money
    Yes, but if Google got a new director or manager, he won't turn it to adults site however :confused1:
    It's not that easy thing to mess with!
  16. subxpert Qdoos Contributor

subxpert
    I would prefer number one in SERPs. If I am on top of the SERPs, then advertisers will most probably ask me for advertising their products on my site. I don't need to find them since I am very visible to them through Google search.
  17. hitman Qdoos Contributor

hitman
    i always wondered this, how do they contact you? do they find out your domain email?
  18. subxpert Qdoos Contributor

subxpert
    They can contact me through my website. There is a button there that says,"contact us." So they can email the Admin , which is me, in my website.