When starting a blog, what topic(s) should you choose?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Midwest, Sep 23, 2008.

?

What topic(s) to choose for, when starting a blog?

1. Blog about the things you know/love

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Blog about a topic which can bring you more money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    I know that many of you will answer to this question with "Choose a topic you like and you might become a successful blogger.." But I felt the need to ask you guys this:

Should you: 1. choose a topic you like or
    2. choose a topic that you know it'll bring you more money, but you know little about it.

What do you think? Is it possible to be a successful blogger, even though you aren't blogging about the things you love/know best?

PS: I've included a poll to this thread, so you can cast a vote, if you wish :)
    Fuzzer likes this.
  2. Hafsoh Qdoos Contributor

Hafsoh
    Its always important to blog about some that interest you, but if you choose a topic that you know little about it. Your readers will quickly discern if you are passionate about your topic or not.
    Blogs that are dry and passionless don’t tend to grow, it makes sense really as no one wants to read something that the author doesn’t really believe in.
  3. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Yeah, this is what I always thought, too. It's better to blog about things you know or love, than simply writing nonsenses. But who knows, maybe there are one or two bloggers out there who are writing simply for the money..
  4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Yeah blogging about something you know about is a must, if you dont know enough about a subject your content can only go so far and people will guess that its just from research that you are getting your posts, people like it when you write something from the heart, it attracts visitors and constant readers
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    That's true, River. Readers are quite sensitive to what they read and see on a blog. If they feel the blogger knows what's he/she talking about and writes all his/her posts from his heart, they'll keep on coming to get more information from that blog. If not, they'll move on to another blog..As simple as that..

PS: Thanks for adding some rep, mate. I appreciate that ;)
  6. mit Qdoos Contributor

mit
    Blogging is all about your views about any topic...and would be great if you choose a topic you like or know about...

In that way, you can also earn good money...with using adsense...internet is very big now..there are searches on every known topics..
    mit,
  7. grishamist Qdoos Contributor

grishamist
    For the past years, blogging is something that you can share to other people what you like and what you feel. I would say blog about the things I know/love. I love music a lot and if ever I will choose a topic, my topic will be on Multimedia Sites and I can have an income on that topic.