Where are the webmasters going ?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by Fuzzer, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I dont know if anyone else is noticing but webmasters seem to be not going to forums as much these days ? i can remember seeing the big forums packed all the time , but no matter where you go its getting quieter , even DP is getting quieter even though its still busy its not how it was.

I first thought maybe people are going to the smaller sites and are more wide spread but this isnt the case either.

Whats your views on this ?
  2. Similar Threads: Where webmasters
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat Digg & Stumble exchanges - where are they? Jan 13, 2009
    General Webmaster Chat A list of the top 50 free blog directories where you can submit your blog Aug 4, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat anyone know where i can gte a free directory submiter and/or se submitter script? Jul 15, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Where does most of your spam come from ? May 11, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Webmasters.org up for sale Jul 6, 2008

3. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well... I don't know what happened. But, even I observed this.
    btw, I will be leaving computer day after tomarrow. Gotta concentrate on Studies.
    I'll come for about an hour a day :)
    Asad,
  4. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Don't have a clue either..In my opinion, I think webmasters nowadays don't pay that much attention to socializing, as before. This could be the reason why forums are getting quitter by the day. Probably site owners focus more on working at their sites/blogs, promoting them through various ways of advertising, than spending time on boards..But maybe I'm wrong...:)
  5. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    Alot of the problems have been caused by the Forums themselves becoming un freindly!
    I wont name and shame but it seems now we get questions asked by newcomers and the less experienced that seem to constantly get the reply "dont be lazy use google"
    Thats just not helpful!
    Also the quality of answers seems very poor, is it that those who know dont want to share for some reason?

Having said that there are still some very good freindly,knowledgeable and helpful Forums out there( and here of course!)
  6. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    That really gets up my nose when i see that, however i have used it over at DP once because someone just wasnt listening