Who chooses the article featured on Yahoo news and why such an obvious politcal lean?

Discussion in 'Yahoo !' started by nobu_baby, May 9, 2008.

1. nobu_baby Guest

nobu_baby
    I noticed that articles critical of the right are more plentiful and sometimes are featured for two days. Articles showing them in a possible good light, last a few hours. The reverse is true for the left. Articles complimentary to them last two days and I have yet to see an article critical of the left.
  2. ..........and the Leftists claim the media is controlled by Conservatives.......

Your observations are very correct.
  3. dave b Guest

dave b
    ..........and the Leftists claim the media is controlled by Conservatives.......

Your observations are very correct.
  4. eric l Guest

eric l
    It is probably the editor of yahoo news.
  5. imported_Mel Guest

imported_Mel
    It's a news aggregate, so I think there has to be some automated way of choosing featured articles and all articles in general. I don't know exactly how yahoo news works, but google news draws from most all online publications. The articles featured at the top are always the ones which get the most hits (are the most popular) on the host's website. I assume yahoo is the same way. The answer to why more of the articles favor the left probably has something to do with more people looking at/for these articles in general. This could be 1) because there have been so many democratic candidate heated debates lately, and 2) because Bush's approval rating is pretty low, so people are eager to read about alternatives.
  6. Mel Guest

Mel
    It's a news aggregate, so I think there has to be some automated way of choosing featured articles and all articles in general. I don't know exactly how yahoo news works, but google news draws from most all online publications. The articles featured at the top are always the ones which get the most hits (are the most popular) on the host's website. I assume yahoo is the same way. The answer to why more of the articles favor the left probably has something to do with more people looking at/for these articles in general. This could be 1) because there have been so many democratic candidate heated debates lately, and 2) because Bush's approval rating is pretty low, so people are eager to read about alternatives.
    Mel,
  7. You are correct.