Will Ajax dish liquid kill fleas?

Discussion in 'Digital Media' started by Shannon, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Shannon Guest

Shannon
    I have Ajax dish liquid. One kind is the normal, and the other apparently has "baking soda" and "citrus extracts". My dog has fleas. Not too bad, but he itches sometimes. Will this work? If so, how do I do it?

2. emily :) Guest

emily :)
    a lady at the animal shelter told me that was bad. its ok sometimes, but it'd be like washing our bodies with it. dont do it often. its harmful.
  3. Never wash you dog in anything other than dog shampoo, because of their skin PH levels are different from ours so no human shampoo or soap, they could also develop a allergic reaction. What is good for keeping fleas away or at least minimize them is to put garlic in their food. Also regularly wash their bedding with a little tea tree oil. But the best thing to get rid of fleas is a product you can buy from the vet called front line (that is if your in Australia, i don't know if other countries sell it).
  4. Deecat Guest

Deecat
    It can really hurt your dog's skin, and it also will not prevent reinfestation. Fleas lay copious amounts of eggs and they're hard to get rid of.

Please get frontline plus or advantage from your vet before this becomes a serious fullblown infestation in your home. Fleas can spread disease to humans, and they also transmit tapeworm. If your dog's poops have anything that looks like white rice in it, plz take the poop to the vet because those are tapeworm segments loaded with eggs!

Good luck.

ps- please don't use household cleaners on any dog for any reason. If they were safe and reliable for that, they'd be marketed for it! Flea collars, shampoos, dips, sprays, powders, and cheap stuff like biospot are toxic and ineffective (waste of money!).
  5. Rebel Guest

Rebel
    Hi.

We like the Frontline spray.

Also, just for grins. Since you dog has fleas they are likely in your house. Put a large open bowl of water on the floor, near a place the dog is active, such as a couch, or a rug where the dog lays. Do this at night, and position some type of spot light that shines directly into the dish. Check it in the morning and let us know what happens.